Help.horrible lag?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Lily Annabella
Has thanked: 0

Help.horrible lag?

Post by Lily Annabella »

I am fairly new,only a few days here and suddenly have horrible laggy type problems. I have cleared cache and using the recomended firestorm. Have relogged several times but still keep getting stuck in action. Feels like lag,keep getting stuck, its very often.Ive tried taking off my new a.o that didnt help and i dont have many scripts at all there. Even though i felt it was early to worry about a restart i also tried that, but got a message saying "restart was disabled on this sim" any ideas what else i can try? CAn we not do a restart or is that not need ever?
Lily Annabella

Re: Help.horrible lag?

Post by Lily Annabella »

humm,well decided to goof off on the web while seeking help here and :( seems to be my internet tonight...so sad lol we never had problems before but will check into that.
But for now,can i still ask do we never need to restart our sim,since that option is disabled on my viewer?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Lily,

It's good to hear the problem is not with Kitely :-)

Kitely worlds automatically shut down when empty for a few minutes and restart on a new simulator the next time they're entered. So, if you want to reset a sim just exit it and make sure no one else enters it for 5 minutes before reentering it.
Serene Jewell

Post by Serene Jewell »

Hi Lily. Your region restarts each time it shuts down. This happens when no one is using the region.

I have struggled with lag in the past too. The things that made the difference for me were this.
1. Check the speed of your modem connection with something like http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/
This helps determine if the problem is with your modem.
2. Put Firestorm graphic preferences on low. Apply. Save.
3. Clear cache and relog (seems you already did that)

I'm sure others will have suggestions as well. In the Firestorm menu/Avatar/Avatar Health/Lag Meter are all the lights green?
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

I had a feeling that was the case since the sims are on demand,thats pretty neat. I will be hunting down my internet provider in the morning,i have a feeling this is my problem and thats a big problem around here lol.
thanks for the response to my cry for help :D
Kayaker Magic

Post by Kayaker Magic »

Here are two things to try before you call up your ISP:

Look at this WEB page that shows the health of the internet: http://www.internetpulse.net/Main.aspx?Metric=PL
This page pings a bunch of important servers on the backbone of the Internet and notes how long it takes to respond. If there are a bunch of red boxes, your slow response may be due to a problem far away.

Then go to the Speakeasy Speed Test (http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and check how fast your connection is. Select a nearby city and wait for both tests to finish and display the download and upload speed of your connection. Your ISP my have promised you a certain speed, read these Speakeasy numbers to them and make them weep!