I think there has to be easier way..maybe

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Lily Annabella
Has thanked: 0

I think there has to be easier way..maybe

Post by Lily Annabella »

I have been getting around a little bit and have found some great things to add to my place but finding places is not easy. Does anyones search option in the viewer work or did i get the wrong viewer? Ive been going to the website and looking for places,is that the only way,even within kitelys world/grid/sim?( what ever you call it,lol) I can search people,why not places?
Freda Frostbite

Re: I think there has to be easier way..maybe

Post by Freda Frostbite »

I use three different viewers. Kitely search does not work in any of them. I use the web page.
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

ive been digging and it looks like thats how all of opensim works? we are on/in opensim,correct?
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

my goodness did i just read that right? with a premium membership i can get also a world with up to 16 regions for only 1 more usd a month? really?
Quinquifid Oddenfen

Post by Quinquifid Oddenfen »

Not quite. It's roughly 1 USD (300 KC) per REGION not per world. So if you want to make a 16-region world with Premium membership, and it is your only world, you would pay 19.95 USD per month for your Premium Account, plus an additional 16 -- 5 = 11 regions at 10 KC per region per day, that is, 110 KC per day, or 3300 KC for a 30-day month (approx 11 USD).
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

thats still pretty awesome! im no where near ready for such a big world, but its a nice thought. would be great idea if i could ever make something so big for tons of shopping,hummmmm. oh boy ideas are flooding my brain! lol
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Lily Annabella wrote:ive been digging and it looks like thats how all of opensim works? we are on/in opensim,correct?
Yes, this grid is on current OS production release [76], tested prior to running out to the grid, and with some of their proprietary fixes/improvements [such as with megaregions].

All grids other than SL are opensim or opensim based. Though several run different iterations of the released versions and even inside free meta OS grids ppl often run their own versions.

Avination runs, as I recall, current OS but with their own modifications. For example, they are the only grid outside of SL that has email back to IM working, afaik. I used to use it there quite often.

inwz forked at 65 [80 is going to come out soon for the rest of us to use].Which is why inwz has to do so much to try and keep up with the rest of us, and find opensource code from us to try and further enhance their offerings. [such as NPCs they recently added but that do much less than we are all used to].
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Lily Annabella

Post by Lily Annabella »

i was in sl for along time,then left to try inworldz,stayed inworldz for very long time,and now moving here to see what this is all about,i have alot to learn and thats about all i know so far,lol
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Lily Annabella wrote:i was in sl for along time,then left to try inworldz,stayed inworldz for very long time,and now moving here to see what this is all about,i have alot to learn and thats about all i know so far,lol
I hear ya Lily-))

I have tried many if not most of them, and finally found my niche in the free Meta roaming the hypergates, flitting in and out as an ephemeral soul, seeing and enjoying the imaginations of so many interesting people.

I am not obliged to anyone and nor is anyone obliged to me, which leaves me free to do pretty much as I wish, with a ton of freedom thrown in, for good measure.

It fits me and is how I always used the net-))

I am very happy this grid enabled the HG.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...