Dual login

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Michael Sietz
Has thanked: 0

Dual login

Post by Michael Sietz »

I have been able to log more than 1 avatar in world at the same time for years. I do it so that I can set positions for couples (and more) using my animations. For some reason Kitely fails over and again to allow me to login two avi's. I have tried a number of viewers and even -multiple for the same viewer. Is there something about Kitely itself that keeps me from logging in two avi's at the same time from one computer?
Dot Matrix

Re: Dual login

Post by Dot Matrix »

One way to do it is to log in one avie directly from one viewer by choosing "Kitely" from the Grid Manager and typing the world name in the Location field.

Then log in the other avie either from the Kitely website or directly from another viewer instance.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I bring in my OSgrid avatar when the need arises. Works fine.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Min Tigerpaw

Post by Min Tigerpaw »

It works perfect for me the way Dot describes it using Firestorm and Singularity ... Just log in with one avi at the website, enter with firestorm (first avi-name and password) - then enter with the other avi directly with singularity just with second avi-name and password.
I do it quite often to check pair poses or joint use of scripted objects. Works like cutting bread.

Cheers
Min
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

I have also been able to login with two avatars using Firestorm and Singularity. I did it a few times back when my shirts were having rendering problems (which I haven't seen in months, by the way). But mostly I login with dual avatars when checking permissions and packaging for new products. It saves a lot of time rather than switching back and forth between my main and alt.

I have a computer system designed for gaming with a higher-end video card so it can handle the load of two avatars and viewers easily. Folks with more basic computers, particularly with low end or built-in graphics, might have more problems with it just from a performance point of view. Those with graphics performance problems don't necessarily have to replace the entire computer. Sometimes just putting in a higher end video card can be a big help. Note that your video card does not have to absolutely highest-end (mine sure isn't). Any video card with a decent GPU and at least 2 GB of on-board video RAM should get the job done for most VW applications.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Michael Sietz

Post by Michael Sietz »

Thank you folks for your suggestions. I have a great machine and video card. I can login with 4-5 avi's in other grids. My issue has been that Kitely con not authenticate my second avi. I have been using Firestorm as primary and Cool viewer as secondary. I'll give Sing a try. Thank you
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Michael,

I suggest you login to our site using your second avatar account then go to the Settings page and change your viewer password. You'll note that the website password and the viewer password do not have to be the same and it's possible that they are currently different for you, thus explaining why your login attempts are failing. See: http://www.kitely.com/settings
Handy Low

Post by Handy Low »

I routinely log in two avs at the same time without difficulty, both in Firestorm.

That said, I'm using command-line calls to Firestorm with --login to pass the user name and password. I don't actually type it all in each time, but use Bayden Slickrun to launch Firestorm with the appropriate user/grid based on a short code.
Handy Low
Dundridge Dreadlow

Post by Dundridge Dreadlow »

there is nothing Kitely side that prevents it.

You may be experiencing viewer or computer issues (sorry)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
PS. Kitely is awesome.
Michael Sietz

Post by Michael Sietz »

I got it....I have no idea why but my second avi was not being authenticated.....I created a new second avatar and followed the same procedure I have always done ...then poof...no issues....Thanks all for your assistance
These users thanked the author Michael Sietz for the post:
Constance Peregrine