Access control to worlds

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Angel Feijoo

Access control to worlds

Post by Angel Feijoo »

How do I control access to my world, so it is by invitation only?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Access control to worlds

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Angel,

Go to the My Worlds page then press the Manage link next to the world you wish to manage. This will open that world's Manage World dialog.

In that dialog, press the Access tab then the Manage Groups button to configure the system to only allow the groups of people you specify to enter your world.

Please note that you'll be able to select from between the groups you created from inside your viewer. For instructions how to define such groups see: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Engl ... a-p/700111
Angel Feijoo

Post by Angel Feijoo »

Thanks for your response. But:

- I tried to give access by Facebook group. I tried, and didn't work. Is that not operational?

- I also tried the Facebook friends option, but didn't work. Is that not operational either?

- Finally I tried what you indicated: I created a group inside Kitely, added my other account (this one), went to Manage Groups and activated the group. But it didn't work.

The only way I was able to enter by other account was by activating the Regular Accounts option, but my goal is to give access to specific contacts I have.

Am I missing something in any of those options? Thanks!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Angel,

What do you mean by "it didn't work", what exactly happened when you used these options? Did the system not allow you do select them? Did people belonging to those groups not have access to the worlds?

If you want someone who is a Facebook Friend to be able to enter your world you need to make sure that person's account type is allowed to enter the world. This means that if that person is on a Regular Account you need to have the Regular Account checkbox selected. Please note that if you define a group of people who may enter your world then the top options become just a first part of the access criteria, someone who doesn't belong to the defined access group(s) won't be able to enter your world even if they have an account type which you granted access to.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Angel FeijooAlexina Proctor
Angel Feijoo

Post by Angel Feijoo »

Awesome, now I understand, thanks.

(When above I said "it didn't work", I meant the Enter World button showed disabled).

May I suggest rewriting the "In addition ..." text in the Access tab the following way: "The criteria above can be filtered so only the following groups would have access (and within those groups, only the account types selected above would access)." Or something like that.

Thanks again.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

I have the same or similar problem with access for groups.

I configured in my web account to give access to Premium members and also to give access to members of my group IDdesigns. A friend joined my group (he is definetly in the group, I checked it) he activated the group and tried to visit my sim, but he was refused. Meaning he did not get access.
IDdesigns @ Kitely Marketplace http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2075571

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Does that friend have a Premium Account? If not, you'll need to enable Regular Account users to visit your world for him to be able to enter it. Please note that once you set an Access Group that only people belonging to that group will be able to enter your world.
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

ahhh ohmei Ilan, I read your comment above, but somehow I didnt get it lol sorry Ilan. Now I finally understood, uff and my hair is black lol

You`d like to meet others inworld? Join the Meet & Chat Corner group and say hello
Isis Ophelia

Post by Isis Ophelia »

But does not apply for me. Checked marked to allow Regular accounts, but get this message:
Only users with a Premium Account can allow Regular and Hypergrid users to access their Premium Worlds.
I have enough funds to pay for my groups members visits. Maybe would be better to have a configuration that relays on the member having money or not in his/her account.

Well then, he has to wait until I am back to the virtuality then I will make either premium or get a fixed price world.

Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Isis,

Please see this post for the reasons why this works the way it does: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... um-worlds/