Default OAR/Terrain (or close?)

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Roswenthe Blackwell

Default OAR/Terrain (or close?)

Post by Roswenthe Blackwell »

I want to reset Haven to a default. Is there a way to do that, or a place to find an oar that is close to a default sim? I don't care if it has some hills or a couple islands, just want minimal fixing.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Default OAR/Terrain (or close?)

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Roswenthe,

If Haven is a Premium World then the simplest thing to do is to delete it then create a new world using the same name. Just make sure to do this in that order so the new world doesn't get a "_2" added to its name.

It it's a fixed-price world (Starter, Standard or Advanced) then use the Replace World function in the Files tab of the Manage World dialog. This will enable you to upload an OAR file to replace the contents of the world. If you then upload an OAR file of an empty region then the world's contents will be deleted.
Roswenthe Blackwell

It's still fixed, but I found an oar that reset it. It was finding an oar that wasn't terraformed or filled with buildings that I was looking for.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ros, is it perhaps a lingo issue here? an OAR includes all and the terrain...but I have used a terrain I saved as an OAR to get to default 21m flatland.

Or, perhaps you just need a terrain? If so, you can have any of these I created;

http://minethere.blogspot.com/2014/02/f ... rains.html

and use the estate/region tools to upload them after saving them to your computer.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Roswenthe Blackwell

I already got it sorted out. I just wanted something that didn't require a lot of terraforming. Just flat land. I found lots of terrains, but not plain ones.
These users thanked the author Roswenthe Blackwell for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Roswenthe Blackwell wrote:I already got it sorted out. I just wanted something that didn't require a lot of terraforming. Just flat land. I found lots of terrains, but not plain ones.
If anyone else ends up here needing the flat .raw file (works fine in Kitely), you can download the flat terrain, and other terrains, from "the other place". http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Default ... _RAW_Files
These users thanked the author Your Teacher for the post (total 2):
Roswenthe BlackwellCarlos Loff