Lag at Kitely Plaza

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Constance Peregrine

Re: Lag at Kitely Plaza

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Ada Radius wrote:These are the error messages filling my screen at K Plaza right now:
(mat): Runtime error:
(0): OSSL Runtime Error: osNpcSetRot permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
[06:35 PM] (mat): Runtime error:
(0): OSSL Runtime Error: osNpcSetRot permission denied. Script creator is not in the list of users allowed to execute this function and prim owner also has no permission.
yea, i had noticed this also but figured it was a known thing and they would get around to fixing it, eventually-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

At that moment I was in Imprudence. Yes, in local chat, which is one of the preference check boxes - I usually have it on, in case it's one of my objects causing the problem. I did turn it off so I could see the builds, but still found it difficult to move or fly.
Ilan Tochner wrote:What viewer are you using Ada?

Did this appear in the local chat?
mat mahogany

Post by mat mahogany »

Hi. I have removed the NPC now, and hope it was only one. It got transfered when I brought Paislees cake display over, by accident. I did remove it then, when I rezzed it but it seems to have returned.
Sorry.

I have swept the area for more and can't see any more scripts.

Hopefully we wont see any more Dead NPCs??

:)

Mat
These users thanked the author mat mahogany for the post:
Bladyblue Bommerang
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Related to lag, but not dead NPCs. In Wednesday's meeting there was talk of linked nonphantom prims causing lag. Did I understand correctly that once they are in position nonphantom prims should be unlinked to help prevent lag?

Sorry if this is a stupid question. :oops:
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Your Teacher,

No need to be afraid to ask, there are no stupid questions :-)

When non-phantom prims are linked together they may create a convex non-phantom object. Convex non-phantom objects can place a lot of load on the physics engine and should therefor be avoided whenever possible. It is therefore recommended that once you finish positioning your non-phantom objects you unlink them.
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Wow! I had no idea, it's sort of counter intuitive to me. I figured that lots of little prims would be a bigger load than one big one.

Thanks for clearing this up, I will do some unlinking.
ShowStopper Eclipse

Post by ShowStopper Eclipse »

I've experienced some pretty bad lag at Kitely Plaza. It seems to be the only place with lag in Kitely.

Also when I am in a laggy region it messes up my computer and crashes my whole desktop and forces me to do a hard restart. So I've always made sure to TP out of a laggy placa ASAP before it all messes up. I'd love to be a greeter and try to help newcomers if it weren't for the lag.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi ShowStopper,

There is definitely some very uncharacteristic lag in the Kitely Plaza world. Investigating and resolving what is causing it is high on our priority list.
ShowStopper Eclipse

Post by ShowStopper Eclipse »

Alright. Keep us all updated on what you find out.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi ShowStopper,

I'll be discussing some of what we intend to do about this issue in today's Kitely Mentors Group meeting which you're invited to attend (meeting notes will be posted later): http://forums.kitely.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=303
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Constance Peregrine