Converting Var into Non-Mega

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Danko Whitfield

Converting Var into Non-Mega

Post by Danko Whitfield »

I may be repeating the previous question but I'm pushing on anyway...

Can I take a 1024 varregion OAR and turn it into a Kitely Non-Mega 4x4 ?

I assumed the answer was yes because I think I did this last summer. But in two recent attempts - once with Advanced Mega turned off and another with it turned on - I failed. In both cases the end result was: the SW corner looked normal but almost all of the other prims from the entire var were lined up at the edges of that SW corner. Some prims remained in place. 1% or 10%, I can't say but not many.

When I was able to successfully do this last summer and I told others about it, the consensus was: The ability to convert a var into a Mega but especially a Non-Mega is one of Kitely's greatest features. And I've never heard of any other way to do it anywhere.

So I'm really hoping the answer to my question is Yes. Whereupon I then ask, How?

Ilan Tochner

Re: Converting Var into Non-Mega

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Danko,

We opted to continue using our proprietary Advanced Megaregions instead of adopting varregions as varregions only work with BulletIsm physics and that physics engine requires a lot more server resources than ODE.

As such, we haven't updated our multi-region to megaregion (and vice versa) conversion tool to support varregions.

I suggest you load the varregion in SOAS and change the OpenSim settings to treat it as a megaregion. Then fix the terrain using RAW files you create ahead of time in the varregion.

Once that's done save the entire build to an OAR file and upload it into Kitely, where you should be able to switch off Advanced Megaregion mode to split the world into a multi-region world. At that point you can export the world to create a multi-region OAR file.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Danko Whitfield
Ilan Tochner

Re: Converting Var into Non-Mega

Post by Ilan Tochner »

You can now import VarRegion OAR Files into Kitely: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... -campaign/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineDanko Whitfield