Bronze plan and 2 regions - next to each other?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Fudge Floresby
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bronze plan and 2 regions - next to each other?

Post by Fudge Floresby »

Hi

I have a question about regions. I am in the bronze plan atm and therefor can have 2 regions. But i cant create 2 regions at the same time. How can I place my regions next to each other?

Best regards, Fudge
Ilan Tochner

Re: Bronze plan and 2 regions - next to each other?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Fudge,

Kitely worlds are separate islands on a single big grid. Kitely's system doesn't support changing a world's size after the world has been created and you can't join multiple worlds into a single one (you can work around this limitation by exporting the worlds to separate OAR files, joining them outside Kitely into a single OAR file, and finally creating a new Kitely world by uploading that merged OAR file into a sufficiently big world).

When you create a new Kitely world you can make it 1, 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 regions in size. If you wish to grow your world land area in the future I recommend starting of with a bigger world than you currently need and teraforming the unused area to be below sea level until you need it. For example, a 2 region build can be contained in a 2x2 region world with the remaining area set as sea.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Dundridge Dreadlow
Fudge Floresby
Been thanked: 0

Post by Fudge Floresby »

Thanks a lot Ilan ok. I didnt see any 2x2 option when i created my first world, iv only created 1 so far. I could only choose 1 world or 4x4 or bigger.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Fudge,

When you create a new world you have the option of selecting the following world sizes: 1, 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 (it's the second option in the New World dialog). However, if you choose the Universal Campus or Virtual Collaboration Environment template options (the first option in that dialog) then your world size will be defined accordingly (1 region world for the Virtual Collaboration Environment template and a 2x2 region world for the Universal Campus template).
Mykyl Nordwind

Post by Mykyl Nordwind »

I am confused... I have the Bronze plan too - can I create a 2X2 world and only use 2 regions without having to go up a level?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mykyl,

You can create worlds that are multiple regions in size using any of our plans but you will need to pay for the regions in excess of your plan's quota.

For example, you can create a 2x2 world on the Bronze Plan but you will be charged an extra 20 Kitely Credits per day for the two regions in excess of your plan's quota (for a total of about 10 KC * 2 regions * 30 days = 600 KC / month). If you buy enough KC to cover those charges then you'll be fine, however if you run out of KC then your world (which exceeds your plan's region quota) will be suspended until you cover these charges. Worlds suspended for lack of payment will be deleted after 60 days if back charges aren't covered.

The best way to make sure your worlds don't accidentally get suspended, because you ran our of KC to pay for them, is to be on a plan that includes enough free regions.

For details see our services page: http://www.kitely.com/#!services
Ener Hax

Post by Ener Hax »

hi Fudge, if you need to see how to make single regions into a megaregion, let me know. i posted about this a few months ago when i went from a 16 individual region world on a server to a single 4x4 Advanced megaregion on Kitely

i can't say enough good stuff about how well the Kitely megaregions work =)
Joe Jr

Post by Joe Jr »

Well actually you will need a proper planning before starting your sim, the best way is to draw a roadmap and building construction plan
Adagio Greenwood

Post by Adagio Greenwood »

I am trying to make sure I understand the details of multiple regions, before I move up to 2x2 or 3x3 or 4x4 regions/sims/worlds. Let's say that I choose the Silver Plan in time-based billing. In that case could I keep the one region I have now and also have nine more regions in a 3x3 configuration?

If I got a new 3x3 group of regions, would they be contiguous? Would they all be visible and would I be able to walk or fly from one to another or would each one only be started up as I walked/flew/teleported to it?

And would I need to know what terrains or OARs I wanted to use for each world before I began the Silver Plan? Would the regions be flat land immediately or would they just be potential regions until I named and started them with terrain or OAR files?

I hope these questions aren't too idiotic but I would rather be sure of what I am doing before I do it (for a change, lol). Thanks much!

Adagio Greenwood
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Adagio,

No question is idiotic so please feel free to ask anything you aren't sure about.

Each plan includes a certain number of free regions which you can use in any combination in your worlds without paying extra world storage fees. So, in your example, you can switch to the Silver Plan and add a 3x3 region world to your account that already has a 1-region world.

When a world is active all its regions are active and visible to any person with high enough viewer draw distance (they don't get shut down until the entire world shuts down). They are contiguous and you can walk, fly, drive a vehicle and teleport between them.

You can upload an OAR file when you create a world but you can also replace an existing world with a new OAR file (this option is available in the Files tab of the Manage World dialog which you can open by clicking the Manage link in your account's My Worlds page). If you upload an OAR file that contains less regions than your world does then the undefined regions will be automatically set to flat land a tad above sea level so that you can easily see the entire area of your world.

Please note that you can use only one OAR file when creating or replacing a world which means you can't replace just part of an existing world. If you want to replace just a part you'll need to first export the world (the option is available in the aforementioned Files tab of the Mange World dialog). You'll then load the OAR into sim-on-a-stick, load the additional OAR files you want the world to include and then export the entire world to a single OAR file (which you can then use to import into Kitely). If you want, you can find someone to do this for you in this forum's Service Providers section, for example: http://forums.kitely.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6