Number of avatars

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Pixellada Com

Number of avatars

Post by Pixellada Com »

If there are allowed 80 avatars, are there 80 avatars per whole world (for example 16 regions) or per one region?
Harbour City - come, see, stay.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Number of avatars

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Pixellada,

The prim and avatar limits that are listed in our services page are per entire world. There is no seperate quota per region making up that world.
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

Thank you Ilan for the fast answer. That totally changes the prices of land if one want's to have a club or some busy mall. ;) Now it is not a problem but I hope one day it will matter. :D
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

When this becomes a common enough issue on Kitely we'll address it. :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Pixellada Com
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Pixellada Com wrote:Thank you Ilan for the fast answer. That totally changes the prices of land if one want's to have a club or some busy mall. ;) Now it is not a problem but I hope one day it will matter. :D
I dont recall ever to see clubs, even on SL, with 80 Avatars in regular basis, unless it was a huge major sponsored by LL party or concert

This is Opensim, don't stress about numbers of Avis

If you manage to have a club at Opensim and fill it at the same time with more than 50 Avatars you will be the most famous club owner on whole Opensim Universe, lol
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Pixellada Com

Post by Pixellada Com »

The question was posted because there can be occasionally courses with more than 40 participants. So there is a need to check if it block the whole World. And the answer is - yes it can block.

Thank you for answers.
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Pixellada Com wrote:The question was posted because there can be occasionally courses with more than 40 participants. So there is a need to check if it block the whole World. And the answer is - yes it can block.

Thank you for answers.
So it looks as if there may be some need for the 16 sim, 80 av world at $40/month. We had a peak of 21 avs at the Wed. WIP meeting. That is a long way from 80, but not all that far from 40. And 40 is the point at which the sim would start turning people away.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Selby,

If you feel an upcoming meeting will have more avatars than your Standard World supports then upgrade it to be an Advanced World. The change will take effect immediately (though for resource optimization reasons it's best you do this when the world isn't already active).
Selby Evans

Post by Selby Evans »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Selby,

If you feel an upcoming meeting will have more avatars than your Standard World supports then upgrade it to be an Advanced World. The change will take effect immediately (though for resource optimization reasons it's best you do this when the world isn't already active).
Thanks -- we plan to do that, but avatar capacity is not an urgent matter--yet. I was just thinking about future needs. I look forward to the time when we need to worry about hosting more than 40 avs.