Old Worlds Revival ?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Carlos Loff

Old Worlds Revival ?

Post by Carlos Loff »

Hi

When I saved my Virtual London 16 Regs OAR and deleted that world few months ago, many buildings I built (and did not made backup) were not exported

That is ok and I know the reason - All the buildings had linked doors with scripts that were not made by me and were not export, although I had purchased them

Not complaining, I understand why it happened and it is perfectly expected, but I noticed something recently
- Cruising the Kitely Grid Map I found by chance, easily recognisable from map view, an even older 16 regs world I had built long time ago and deleted - Coral Homes

Does Kitely keep old deleted worlds backups and is it possible to recover them, exactly as they were before deletion, for some fee ???

Im considering replacing my actual Advanced 16 Regs by the old Virtual London, but only if Kitely has the original one before deletion, since the saved OAR has rightfully lost so much I had built

UPDATE

Actually the old Virtual London still visualises today in the map, spotted it here

These users thanked the author Carlos Loff for the post:
Selby Evans
Kitely - Meta Lisbon --> grid.kitely.com:8002:Meta Lisbon Startups
Join Me on Meetup --> https://www.meetup.com/metalisbonstartups/
Join Kitely Group --> Meta Lisbon Startups
Ilan Tochner

Re: Old Worlds Revival ?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carlos,

Please clear your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache then try searching for your old world on the map again.
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Carlos,

Please clear your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache then try searching for your old world on the map again.
Hi, my question was a bit more about recoveries, not finding worlds with viewer

Does that mean is not there, only cache keeps it and the answer to my main post question is Kitely can not restore the old worlds ?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

We keep our automatic daily world backups for 14 days but we don't keep backups of worlds that were intentionally deleted by users.
Carlos Loff

Post by Carlos Loff »

Ilan Tochner wrote:We keep our automatic daily world backups for 14 days but we don't keep backups of worlds that were intentionally deleted by users.
I cleaned up cache and restarted the viewer, but the old deleted world still shows, but maybe is because, in spite of always doing full re-install, Im using firestorm old formal release version - 4.6.9 - because the 4.7 has many bugs with Vars, although those issues don't manifest in Kitely :) they manifest on all other grids Vars I tested, even the 4X4s

Oki Doki, fair enough about the 14 days, no stress, that is what OARs are for, we just must be careful with what is export and what not, cheers
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Carlos,

We use our proprietary Advanced Megaregions technology instead of varregions, which explains why you don't encounter varregion-related problems in Kitely.

See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... cel-media/
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Carlos Loff