Mega mega region issue.

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Your Teacher

Mega mega region issue.

Post by Your Teacher »

I have a fixed price world - grid.kitely.com:8002:Learn English Network Academy.

It's my first mega mega region, and I have a couple of issues. I don't seem to be able to set a teleport address. Everyone keeps ending up in the bushes (I've now deleted the bushes as it was a rubbish experience for some new visitors.)

Also there is a capacity issue - When I click on Objects it says the region capacity is 15000 and 29808 will be deleted! A bit scary, although so far, nothing has disappeared (fingers crossed).

Thanks.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Mega mega region issue.

Post by Ilan Tochner »

The default region in a megaregion is the region users appear in when they enter a big world. Initially, the default region is the root region (the region at the South-West corner of the world). You can change the default region by creating a telehub. (Here are the instructions for creating a telehub) When a telehub is created, we assume that the region that contains the telehub should be the default region. If you don’t want to keep the telehub then you can delete it afterwards: this won’t cause Kitely to forget the default region that you have chosen.

Once you've created a telehab create a landing point in that region and you'll be all set.

Regarding the prim limit reported in the viewer. The viewer is not what defines the prim limit, that is done by our servers and they will enforce the limits that are stated in our Services page. However, some viewers are not aware of the fact that regions can contain more than 15,000 prims so they automatically report that any number in excess of that will be deleted. In any case, you can ignore any warning that doesn't match the limits you see in our Services page.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Your TeacherSelby Evans
Your Teacher

Post by Your Teacher »

Thanks Ilan.

A bit more learning for me. It will be a nice surprise for everyone to turn up in the meeting area, and not find they are lurking in the bushes. Telehubbies heh. :D

Nice to know I can keep building too. It is a very scary message to read. :)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It's a message that is initiated by the viewer. There is unfortunately nothing we can do about it without requiring people to use specific viewers that don't suffer from this issue.