Visitors to my land ~

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
JadaBright Pond
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Visitors to my land ~

Post by JadaBright Pond »

People are getting "land suspended" messages when they try to TP to my land. Do I need to set up something else to make that available to people?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Visitors to my land ~

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi JajaBright,

Your world "Bright Haven" is a grandfathered Premium World, which means that you are charged Kitely Credits when people who don't have a Premium Account visit it. As you currently don't have any Kitely Credits such people are unable to enter that world.

I recommend you do one of the following, either buy Kitely Credits or cancel your Premium Account and switch that world to use one of our current fixed-price world options. For the same price you're paying now for your grandfathered Premium Account you can have your world be a Standard World. See: https://www.kitely.com/services

You'll then be able to either keep it as a single-region world or resize it to be a 4-region world. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/

To cancel your Premium Account go to your Kitely Account Settings page and click the "Change plan" link.

To switch your world's type click the Manage link in your My Worlds page to open the Manage World dialog and then click the "Change world type" link.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

JadaBright, having travelled a similar route, I really recommend going for the Standard World option. It's great for building and sharing with friends.
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Jadabright, I agree with Dot on this one. I recently realized that I have only used one of my Kitely worlds this past year, my main 4-region commercial world.
So today I deleted those other worlds, downgraded my Premium account to a regular account, and changed my commercial world to a Standard World. This
costs me the same amount per month ($19.95), but I no longer have to pay 1 KC/min for each visitor to the world (as I had to when it was a Premium world).

The grandfathered Premium accounts make a lot of sense for members who need to use a lot of different worlds and don't have loads of non-Premium visitors
to those worlds. But for those of us who do all our work on a single world and would like to have as many visitors as possible to that world, one of the
fixed-price Kitely world options makes the most sense.

Going forward in 2016 I plan to promote my world as a good venue for small meetings/events since my standard world can host up to 40 avatars at a time.
This could provide more traffic for my stores while costing me nothing extra since visitors to fixed-price worlds cost the world owner nothing extra.

Good luck with your ventures in Kitely no matter which option you chose.
These users thanked the author Deuce Halsey for the post (total 3):
Dot MatrixIlan TochnerSelby Evans
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

If you want to keep your land in the legacy format, and only have occasional visitors, the other route might be cheaper. I have the 10 legacy "premium" sims for $19.95/month. I use four of them for a private world for my grandaughter, and pay a couple of dollars a month for her to visit, which is offset by my Kitely Marketplace sales. That leaves me with six worlds, one for my inventory stash, one I keep empty for rezzing new uploads or freebies, and four that vary depending on what I'm working on.
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 5):
Dot MatrixSerene JewellSelby EvansDeuce HalseyShandon Loring
JadaBright Pond

ok. I figured out how to get Kitley Credits. Is that all I need to so people will be allowed into my land? Have them in my avatars account. Can anyone request Bright Haven? Or should I put people on a list?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi JadaBright,

Go to your My Worlds page, press the Manage link to open your world's Manage World dialog, and then switch to the Access tab. In that tab you'll be able to define who will be able to visit your world.
JadaBright Pond

Thank you Ilan. All boxes are checked, and I have KCs in my account, so anyone looking to visit my land can do so now correct? (makes sure everything is nailed down!!)
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Yes, anyone who has a maturity rating that fits the maturity rating of your world will now be able to visit it, including both Kitely and Hypergrid users.