Timeout - kicked out

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Aedan O'Shae
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Timeout - kicked out

Post by Aedan O'Shae »

when i log into os grid, inworldz, Digiworldz and sl i don't have the problem (both on my PC and the laptop logged into different providers). i have the issue at kitely welcome center and other kitely worlds i have gone to. (i cant remember the names off the top of my head) i have also tried both on wifi and direct connection
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Kitely Welcome Center is visited by hundreds of people each day without issues, the problem is therefore not with the server running it but with your connection to it.

When you try to connect to the Kitely Welcome Center does anything rez for you?

Do you have a firewall installed on your end? (The one included in Windows, in internet security software running on your computer and/or on your router?)

Are you connecting directly via an ISP connection, a VPN, or via a managed network within an organization?

Do you have security software, such as an antivirus installed on your computer? If so, what is it?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

It's either that or something odd about their avatars given they've not had problems elsewhere unless, of course, they were using hypergrid from Kitely to access those other grids. I'd be interested to know whether they were just using the default avatars or something more custom.

Having said that, on the very rare occasions I have problems, it usually comes down to low bandwidth.

I should add that I've used Kitely with hundreds of students over the years without encountering this problem.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix