Permissions for Items in OAR Export

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Aaron Griffiths
Has thanked: 0

Permissions for Items in OAR Export

Post by Aaron Griffiths »

I have a particular situation where I am the owner of a 2 x 2 region world. This world is being used as part of a research paper on simulating historical environments (the henge at Avebury). While I own the world, because of the difficulty the researcher had getting the university to pay with PayPal, and am helping the researcher with terraforming and technical advice I am not creating the objects and textures that will populate the world.

We would like to be able to export the world periodically for backups and also once it is completed, so that it can be made standalone for use in schools, etc. I would really like to know if there is any set of permissions that the creator can place on objects that will allow me, as the owner of the world, to export the OAR complete without being the actual owner of the items. I understand this may not be possible and in that event we will have to work around it but if there is a possibility it would save a lot of work passing things back and forth and repositioning them all.

Regards
Aaron
Aaron Griffiths in RL and Kitely
Isa Goodman in Second Life
Current Kitely Development: Occupational Medicine Simulation
F/Xual Education Services
Ilan Tochner

Re: Permissions for Items in OAR Export

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Aaron,

First, please note that you can use the Copy World option to backup copies of your world inside Kitely. The content filtering logic is less restrictive with this option than it is with the Export World option.

These are the object permissions we check for when you attempt to use the Copy World or Export World options:

Permissions required for an object to be included in a new world created using Copy World:
  • If you own the object then it must have the “Owner Copy” permission.
  • If you don’t own the object then the object must have the “Everyone Copy” permission.
Permissions required for an object to be included in an OAR file created using Export World:
  • You must have the “Owner Transfer” permission for the object.
  • If the object was bought in Kitely Market then it must have been bought with the Export permission.
  • If you own the object then it must have the “Owner Copy” permission.
  • If you don’t own the object then the object must have the “Everyone Copy” permission.
Therefor, to ensure that you will be able to export everything in your world make sure that anything other people rezz inside it will have both Everyone Copy and Everyone Transfer permission. In addition, if those items were bought in Kitely Market then they must also have the Kitely Market Export permission.

For details, see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/
Aaron Griffiths
Has thanked: 0

Re: Permissions for Items in OAR Export

Post by Aaron Griffiths »

Much appreciated Ilan.

Regards
Aaron
Aaron Griffiths in RL and Kitely
Isa Goodman in Second Life
Current Kitely Development: Occupational Medicine Simulation
F/Xual Education Services