Would really appreciate some assistance, please...

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Brick Masters
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Would really appreciate some assistance, please...

Post by Brick Masters »

Greetings everyone! First, I truly APOLOGIZE ahead of time, most sincerely, if this has been answered in another post, and if it has, I would really appreciate just a link to the post. I have been searching for over a day now and am still stumped. So please bear with me and again please accept my apology. So, here we go:

I have a 4X4 sim on Kitely (16 regions), and I wanted to apply a special RAW terrain file that was created for a 4X4 sim. Everything I read, says to TURN OFF MegaRegion Mode under the Advanced tab of managing my world, and then I could (easily) go from region to region and apply the proper RAW file for that particular portion of the sim. Then, after all were applied, to go back into the Advanced tab and turn MegaRegion back on. Well, my main issue, is that I cannot find the control for that - there is NO such setting under the advanced tab in World management (as of today at least - there may have been at one point). So, because of that I am unable to apply my 4X4 terrain file.

Can someone please point me in the right direction? I can't start building my design until I have the terrain down, and it would mean a great deal to me to get that done. Once again, please accept my apologies of this has already been answered here, and I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks so much!
Keith Selmes

Re: Would really appreciate some assistance, please...

Post by Keith Selmes »

Kitely changed to VAR regions several months ago, so anything regarding Mega Regions no longer applies.
There's some information here https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... qus_thread

in one of the comments it says
"are you asking about uploading RAW files in the viewer for setting world terrain? If so, then those should still work, you'll just need to upload a RAW file of the correct bitmap size to cover the area of your entire world"

I haven't needed to do that, but it sounds straightforward.
I assume although your world may be referred to as 4x4, or 16 region, it's actually one region 1024m x 1024m, and if your RAW file is the right size, you can just log in and load it through the viewer.
These users thanked the author Keith Selmes for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerMoonrise Azalee