Cant log into the grid

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Cant log into the grid

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Don. Please let us know if there is anything else you need.
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

I am having issues with my world. Even after a forced close then restart, i cant take a copy of my prim set i am working on. parcel info says there is 1 prim that belongs to someone else on my land yet i cant "show" it. and my cpu at kiteley.com usage shows when i try to take a copy of this work, it jumps from like 3% to 97%. Can you check and see if perhaps my daughter rez'd something that is causing this problem? i made her a platform at 1000m up but when i checked it just now nothing of hers is up there, not visable anyway. land parcel says only 1 prim belongs to someone else where she thought she had lamp posts and a entire house rez'd left up there, but i saw nothing and parcel info says only a single prim other then mine is on the land. I have forced closed and tried several times now and this problem continues, at least i am able to log in after a forced close. please advise, thank you.

If this helps, I asked her what all she had rez'd last night, and she said among the house and lamp posts she had rez'd a scripted bed and noticed something seemed wrong about it, so she deleted it. Or at least she thought she did, and then she logged out for the night, but thats when mine and her av were ghosted and the world stayed online all night.
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

Hi all, Ilan came over and we found the problem, one single prim with, god only knows what , inside it. My best guess is i accidentally moved some of my inventory to it while building and it was taxing the sim resources if anything was being done to the prim, like "take a copy".

Things seem to be smoothly running atm, I believe its fixed!

A Super THANK YOU to Ilan for great customer service!
These users thanked the author Don Smith for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerSerene JewellDot Matrix
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Don, I'm happy that the problem was resolved to your satisfaction. :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Don Smith
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Don Smith wrote:Hi all, Ilan came over and we found the problem, one single prim with, god only knows what , inside it. My best guess is i accidentally moved some of my inventory to it while building and it was taxing the sim resources if anything was being done to the prim, like "take a copy".

Things seem to be smoothly running atm, I believe its fixed!

A Super THANK YOU to Ilan for great customer service!
Hello Don, I just wanted to say I had the same thing happen inside parts of a building I was working on found that a huge lot of extra windows and content was inside a 1 prim wall, But I have no idea how they got there. But seemed to create a big spike on my CPU. I still havent worked out what I did to get so much stuff inside this wall prim lol, only found it when I went to place the completed build on MP it showed 200 odd extra items. they was all inside two walls.. So now needing to be more careful what I am doing when building lolol sooo many new things to learn here. Its wonderful. Any way Just wanted to add that I did the same thing, Yet have no idea how I did it. waves from Genavieve Page
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post:
Don Smith
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

Hey. Yeah I still have no clue how that occured. I am pretty carefull as I work. If it keeps happening, then I will look further into the problem, lets hope that doesnt occur much more!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Try checking your viewer's keyboard shortcuts (they should be listed somewhere on the viewer's website). Maybe one of them does something related to inventory that you've accidently used.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Genavieve PageSelby EvansDon Smith