Cant log into the grid

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Don Smith

Cant log into the grid

Post by Don Smith »

Hello , earlier < its 2:50 am EST atm > at about 12:30 am, I tried to log into the grid using both firestorm and then singularity viewers, log in failed on both viewers. I then asked my daughter, who is new to kitelty, to try and log in and she also failed log in. So i went and watched some tv. I just now tried to log into kitely using both viewers and both fail log in, yet i am able to log in at kitely.com. I just got some emails from IM's during this time that i cant log in, so i am believing the grid is still up and i have no clue why we cant log into it. Please advise. < clearing cache's did not help > Thank You

Don Smith
Ilan Tochner

Re: Cant log into the grid

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Don,

Are you seeing the Kitely viewer login page in your viewer? It should look like this: http://www.kitely.com/viewer_login

If you're seeing the Kitely viewer login page in your viewer then please press the Enter World button on this page then press the viewer login button to log into the Kitely Welcome Center.
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

Hi, yes i see the log in page on my viewer. I just tried entering by using the enter world to KWC on your link, it said it couldnt teleport me there and to try closing my viewer and try again in a few minutes. This was with firestorm viewer v 4.7.7.48706. please advise and thank you for your quick response.

Just tried also using singularity, with it, i do Not have kitely page in the viewer , its black. Same results, cant log in and when i try to use your link it says it cant teleport me there and to try again shortly.

I dont know if this helps, but i just noticed my world is listed first in the explore worlds currently with me or my daughter not logged into it for hours. Is it possible we are not fully logged out somehow? I am just guessing at possibilities.

Upon further investigation, i found i was listed as still logged into my world, using my account manager i was able to log myself out, but still failing to log in. my daughters avatar is still listed as logged in and on my world. Can you re start my world?
Last edited by Don Smith on Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What is the name of your daughter's Kitely account?
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

Rina Winters
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

There did indeed seem to be ghosted users in your world (including your daughter's avatar) so I've restarted it. Please try logging into the Kitely Welcome Center again now.
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

I am now in the KWC. Thank you.

What happend and how can i prevent this in the future? Is it something me or my daughter did on my land? Please advise.
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

I wanted to let you know also that i made a new group last night but was unable to invite anyone else to it, the part where it would let you decide what role to add the new member to was forever "loading" so i couldnt actually invite.

PS i am now in my world, thanks again.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Sometimes users can become ghosted in an OpenSim world when the sim running that world no longer has an actual connection with the viewer but for various reason still assumes it does. When this happens it prevents the ghosted user from logging into the grid as the grid thinks it is still logged into the sim in which it is ghosted. When that happens you need to restart the sim in which the user is ghosted in order to release the "trapped" ghosted avatars it contains. If this happens in one of your Kitely worlds then you can restart that world by clicking the Stop World link in the Active World panel in that world's world page. See: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/displ ... erformance

Regarding the group problem you've encountered, please use Singularity to manage groups as Firestorm has issues with that.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Culli Sheerfrost
Don Smith

Post by Don Smith »

Again , let me say Thank you for this super Quick response!

So glad i Picked Kitely for my return to virtual worlds!