It does export!

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Giz Ihnen

It does export!

Post by Giz Ihnen »

I just found out that things are exportable from in-world if they are full perm. :D

I did not realize this because if I create something in Kitely and make it full perm, it does not let me check "export" in properties. When I look at properties, it does not show export.

BUT, if I give it to someone, it exports no problem and THEY see it with export checked.

This is great! Just what I wanted! Only thing is, why doesn't it show export checked off for me? When I look at the item, there is no check next to export. This has caused me such confusion and I've wasted so much time playing with permissions to try and get the export to show checked....when it was there all along when other people look at it. ??

Is it something I'm doing wrong? Is it is a glitch? I honestly don't want to make an alt just to see if export is showing on full perm stuff I've made. Any suggestions on how I can do this properly would be greatly appreciated!

** EDIT** It seems to be my Firestorm viewer? Using the Alchemy viewer, export permissions show instantly with no problem. :) problem solved.... hopefully! :D

These users thanked the author Giz Ihnen for the post:
Selby Evans
Ilan Tochner

Re: It does export!

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Giz,

Kitely doesn't use the viewer's Export flag, so it doesn't matter whether it is checked or not. Kitely has two systems which control item exportability, one for items which originated from Kitely Market and one for items which did not. Please read the following two blog posts to understand how export controls work in Kitely:

1) https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... plemented/

2) https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... rmissions/
Giz Ihnen

Re: It does export!

Post by Giz Ihnen »

I think I get it now. Thank you Ilan :)
These users thanked the author Giz Ihnen for the post:
Moonrise Azalee