Not able to terraform

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Agatha Ebeler

Not able to terraform

Post by Agatha Ebeler »

Since a while I have a real strange problem at my world, i am not able to terraform anymore. I tried all those common things and much more, but no chance, i cant terraform, I tried a lot of things, which Ilan told me and he is able to terraform at my land. What can I say, I am really clueless. From where or what could this problem result?
Ilan Tochner

Re: Not able to terraform

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Agatha,

I saw you removed setting that world to the group. As your world is access controlled please try enabling allow teraforrming to everyone then log out of the grid and enter your world again.

Did this change anything?
Agatha Ebeler

Post by Agatha Ebeler »

Yes, I already tried this, logged in with four different viewers, with other avatars, deleted all my viewers completely, used a viewer i have never used before, really i have done a lot of things a thousand times! I am puzzling over and over again!

Is there any possibility to prevent myself for terraform in the viewer-preferences or in the settings of the world?
I took a lot of freebies from other grids and from kitely-grid to my world, could it be there was something bad at it?

I am already thinking about to delete my whole inventory or to delete the world and set up a new one (if its possible).
Agatha Ebeler

Post by Agatha Ebeler »

others are also not possible to terraform .... rosa tried and could not ....
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Looking at your parcel and region settings it's clear why other people wouldn't be able to teraform in your world if you can't. However, given that I could terraform inside it when in god mode it's clear that the issue is region/parcel/role permission related and not some other problem.

As you're willing to delete the existing world, to save time, please change your account payment method to KC Only then create a new world and see if you can terraform that. If it works I'll then ask you to delete the old world and refund you what you paid for it this month (via KC) to cover the cost of getting the new world. Once we're done with that I'll let you know when you can switch back your account payment method to one that includes PayPal.
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Hi Agatha,

Would you please iterate the steps you take to terraform. I would imagine you have terraformed in other places than Kitely and it worked?

Is your draw distance set high enough?
Where are the sliders set?
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you trying to terraform something in the distance or something close to where your avatar is currently standing/flying?
Agatha Ebeler

Post by Agatha Ebeler »

Mike (Lorrey) was here and he did it!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was something about lower and upper terrain in the settings!!!!

god how i am happy now!!
These users thanked the author Agatha Ebeler for the post (total 2):
Mike LorreyConstance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, I'm happy the issue has been resolved.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Agatha EbelerMike Lorrey
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Yes it was the raise and lower limits on the estate terrain tools were both set to zero, so it wouldn't allow users even with estate powers to terraform. We have set both settings to 50 now so she is able to terraform fine (oh and protip: don't terraform underneath yourself or other avies while damage is on....). Agatha had chosen one of the default sim designs (the wooded island), so I don't know if it comes with the raise/lower settings preset at zero, but I would recommend to Ilan and Oren that they make all sims default to around 20 meter raise/lower limits, and have in the FAQ that people can set the limits to 0 if they want to protect their terrain against malicious or accidental changes by group members etc.
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post (total 3):
Agatha EbelerIlan TochnerSelby Evans