Objects destroyed and moved under ground after mouse click

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Zuza Ritt

Objects destroyed and moved under ground after mouse click

Post by Zuza Ritt »

I spent about 4 hours of creating object, which includes about 50 prims, and some light scripts, like simple rotation (llTargetOmega)of prims. After right mouse button click to take copy as backup to my inventory objects mysteriously vanished. I found them in position at 0,0,0, under ground of region, all placed into one center, rotated to zero object angles, some prims are unlinked and linked to different prims. So my all work is gone without backup, and region is probably not in healthy state. Definitely I have no trust in the region now. 21strom Bohemia Story.
I am not aware of performance problems, there was only me at region... but it is hard to say now, region graph now does not look bad.
Is there some problem with this region? Do I create any performance problems?
Please, this work, which I have to do again, and more of my work have to be presented at this region tomorrow, without vanishing and destroying itself when somebody enter the region and click on objects with their mouse.
I live among the trees. You are invited too:) Visit 21strom.
My Kitely Market. 21strom webpage.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Objects destroyed and moved under ground after mouse cli

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zuza,

The logs aren't showing anything relating to your world that could explain that behavior.

The last time I had seen anything like the problem you reported it was with a viewer that had settings configured to Second Life building limits while the primset in question had values that exceeded the configured limits (for example, using a megaprim that works with OpenSim but not in Second Life). This isn't something that should happen with any recent OpenSim-compatible viewer I'm familiar with.

Another possible reason may be a misconfigured script.

In any case, I recommend you take copy before you add your scripts then add the scripts and take copy again to see if the problem repeats itself. After you have the copy in hand try logging in with an alt account and test what happens when you try to take copy.
Zuza Ritt

Post by Zuza Ritt »

Thank you Ilan.
I am trying to reconstruct it from these "underground remains." All objects are about 10 meters or less in size, scripts are just two with different values of speed, nothing problematic... all objects worked for several hours, was copied several times... I tried two different objects, both did the same things - vanished and moved under ground.
I deleted cache and reloged after this incident... and was not able to reproduce the problem so far.
Anyway, thanks for help, Ilan. I hope it was just some weird exception which will never happen again.
I live among the trees. You are invited too:) Visit 21strom.
My Kitely Market. 21strom webpage.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please let me know if it does repeat itself.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Good luck with your presentation, Zuza.

I've seen something similar happen in OpenSim in the past (this was on OSgrid). Objects get sent and stuck underground at (0,0,0) -- including avies when they sit on something. It might be one of those OpenSim glitches.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Zuza Ritt