REGION ACCESS

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Gusher Castaignede

REGION ACCESS

Post by Gusher Castaignede »

Hello all, am trying to setup region access for a friend but some how the region and/or parcel settings don't repond after setup..am I missing something?
Ilan Tochner

Re: REGION ACCESS

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Gusher,

If you want to use world-level access controls then please don't use the viewer-based access tools and instead use the website-based options in the Access tab of your world's Manage World dialog (which you get to by clicking the Manage link in your My Worlds page).
WildWest Development
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by WildWest Development »

[MY ALT] If I did make changes on region in the viewer how do i revert back or doesn't matter? How do i add an avatar to access list on website? All I see is Kitely users
And Hypergrid users checkbox then manage groups... i need to also assign certain land rights... is that working ok?
Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Gusher,

If you want to use world-level access controls then please don't use the viewer-based access tools and instead use the website-based options in the Access tab of your world's Manage World dialog (which you get to by clicking the Manage link in your My Worlds page).
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Both systems work but they work separately (i.e. changing things in one doesn't change them in the other). My recommendation would be to use the world's Access tab to restrict access to the entire world (if that's what you want) and the viewer land tools to define the various permissions for the people who you do allow to access your world.
Gusher Castaignede

Am not getting results... I enabled kitely users on web in addition to adding a group.. my friend joined the group and i setup parcel permissions for his role.. he cannot rez or do anything there... parcel is set to allow public access..viewer region setting is disabled for public access, but added group and friend to access list.. still no results..
Ilan Tochner wrote:Both systems work but they work separately (i.e. changing things in one doesn't change them in the other). My recommendation would be to use the world's Access tab to restrict access to the entire world (if that's what you want) and the viewer land tools to define the various permissions for the people who you do allow to access your world.
"lnteractivity, Variety, Ease of Use"
Visit my store at Country Manor
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I just visited your world. You configured several options that would prevent things from working the way you want them to.

First, in Region Details you blocked Public Access and specified "Allowed Residents" which means that no one but those specific users will be able to enter your region. You did this in addition to specifying "Allowed Groups" which is redundant and may potentially cause problems. You should enable Public Access and remove the "Allowed Residents" and "Allowed Groups". Instead, just use the Access tab in your world's Manage World dialog to restrict access to only allow people from your desired group to visit that world, and make sure all the people you want to be able to visit your world are in that group.

Next, in Parcel Details Options tab you specified that only people who belong to a Group may Build in this world but your didn't set the world to any group in the General tab. This means that no one but you (the world owner) will be able to build there. I recommend you set the world to the group you want so as to enable its members to build in your world.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Gusher Castaignede

Thank you very much Ilan, you were very helpful..all working now..
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, please let us know if there is anything else you need.
Gusher Castaignede

Sure thing...thanks again!
Ilan Tochner wrote:Great, please let us know if there is anything else you need.
David Denny 2
Has thanked: 0

Post by David Denny 2 »

Cant access region, no one can even though settings appear to be open to all

Also my 4 region only apperas to be one after upgrade

David