Alpha settings turning off

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Mike Lorrey

Alpha settings turning off

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I'm finding several different prims in Naboo are seeing their alpha mode changed from ALPHA BLENDING to NONE. The prims in particular have alpha textures applied to them, and when the mode is changed to NONE the transparency goes away. They seem to change to NONE when I am not there, so when I log back in I need to reset the prim setting. There are no active scripts in the affected prims.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Alpha settings turning off

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

Are these prims in a linkset? Please change some of them so they won't be and check whether this solves the problem for those unlinked prims.
Mike Lorrey

Re: Alpha settings turning off

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have seen it in a single prim mesh, as well as in linksets of normal prims.
a) the glass of the GridFone store at the 1000 meter level in Naboo (single prim mesh)
b) the glass windows inner surface of my home at 2000 meter level in Naboo. (linkset)
Additional note: Different users have seen this bug while others present at the same time do not see it. When they look at the edit dialog, those who see the bug see the alpha setting to NONE, while those who do not see the bug see alpha setting to blend. So different people, using the same viewer/version, are getting different data from the server at the prim parameters level. Editing the object to set the settings to blend fixes the problem while that person is logged in. The bug does return on the same surfaces.
NOTE: This alpha blending/none issue is pertaining to surfaces that have alpha textures applied to them. the prim transparency is at 0, so the alpha layer itself is being overridden by the alpha setting being switched from blend to none.