estate manager not able to do anything

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Sherrie Melody

Re: estate manager not able to do anything

Post by Sherrie Melody »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi Sherrie,

I understand your wishes but they aren't likely to be addressed by sharing a world that is managed by one person. That said, we've discussed adding group plans in the past and it makes sense that, once implemented, people who are on such plans will be able to share access to various settings/features that are currently only accessible to a single world manager.
Oh, now I understand. It's more of a profit-margin issue. That's entirely understandable (and perfectly reasonable) and more understandable than protecting adults from making adult decisions.

Group plans are a perfect solution, and I see that being useful for educators, RP worlds, art-focused worlds, and more.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It's both Sherrie.

A single-manager world has less potential issues than a multi-manager world (which means it costs us less to support). Proper group collaboration support also requires various features which we didn't mention in this thread (such as bulk user provisioning, ability to backup/export content that is owned by multiple different people not just the single world manager, etc.). Supporting all these collaboration features requires us to add capabilities that currently don't exist in our system. These group-focused features will be accessible to people on a plan that is designed (and priced) for such collaboration.

Nothing is stopping people from doing many forms of collaboration on someone's personal plan but people who try to collaboratively manage a world that isn't designed to be managed collaboratively will need to use various (mostly time consuming) workarounds.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Karen Vela
Tristan Lawksley

Post by Tristan Lawksley »

Ilan Tochner wrote:A single-manager world has less potential issues than a multi-manager world (which means it costs us less to support). Proper group collaboration support also requires various features which we didn't mention in this thread (such as bulk user provisioning, ability to backup/export content that is owned by multiple different people not just the single world manager, etc.). Supporting all these collaboration features requires us to add capabilities that currently don't exist in our system. These group-focused features will be accessible to people on a plan that is designed (and priced) for such collaboration.
My curiousity is piqued! Perhaps a new thread to delve into possible features, thoughts, and issues?
Ilan Tochner wrote:Nothing is stopping people from doing many forms of collaboration on someone's personal plan but people who try to collaboratively manage a world that isn't designed to be managed collaboratively will need to use various (mostly time consuming) workarounds.
This isn't, thankfully, the case with the issue we found today. When in megaregion mode you can't get a bead on prim management (Who owns what prims, highlight [show] prims, and such.) for region/parcel (We didn't test actual parcels, just the region but I don't think that it'd change anything.) The work around in this case isn't really time-consuming as much as it's a minor irritant. Thankfully it can be worked around until the fix is in.
These users thanked the author Tristan Lawksley for the post:
Karen Vela
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Tristan,

You're welcome to open another thread and ask about the possible features, thoughts, and issues that intrigue you. :-)
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Karen Vela
Oren Hurvitz

Show Objects in megaregions

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

We updated Kitely today, and now Show Objects works in megaregions, too. Open the "About Land" dialog; go to the "Objects" tab; and click on the Refresh button next to "Object Owners". Previously this only worked in non-megaregion mode, but now it works in megaregions as well. You can also click the "Show" button to highlight the objects.

The "Return" button, however, only works partially: you can use it to remove the objects from the world, and they will be added as a coalesced object in your inventory. However, if you try to rez this coalesced object it won't really work: only the first object will be rezzed. So you should only use the "Return" button if your intention is to delete the objects. If you also want to rez them later then you need to Return each object separately; not all at once.
These users thanked the author Oren Hurvitz for the post (total 2):
Constance PeregrineDundridge Dreadlow
Tristan Lawksley

Re: Show Objects in megaregions

Oren Hurvitz wrote:We updated Kitely today, and now Show Objects works in megaregions, too. Open the "About Land" dialog; go to the "Objects" tab; and click on the Refresh button next to "Object Owners". Previously this only worked in non-megaregion mode, but now it works in megaregions as well. You can also click the "Show" button to highlight the objects.
Confirmed fix, thank you for the update. Is there a changelog somewhere?The issues surround region management still persists, i.e. not being able to manage parcels/regions as an Estate Manager (and require the group work-around) but at least prim management doesn't require standalone mode.

On the return issue - is that an Opensim issue or unique to Kitely? Is there any plans to fix it in the near future or is it low on the priority list?
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

We announce changes on our blog. Today's update is described here: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... plemented/

The Return bug is actually an OpenSim Coalesced Objects bug. I want to deal with it, but it's low priority so it won't be soon.
Tristan Lawksley

Oren Hurvitz wrote:The Return bug is actually an OpenSim Coalesced Objects bug. I want to deal with it, but it's low priority so it won't be soon.
Would that Coalesced Objects bug also include large (or small?) coalesced objects not rezzing completely (pieces missing)? If so, that explains why an imported 900 prim coalesced build isn't importing correctly (maybe), and/or rezzing correctly (missing pieces that were there when imported) when a copy is taken into inventory and rerezzed. Another thread I suppose, but it's the latest issue I've ran into.
Oren Hurvitz

Post by Oren Hurvitz »

It's quite possible, yes.