New Question... Region locations

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Scorpius Aurotharius
Has thanked: 0

New Question... Region locations

Post by Scorpius Aurotharius »

So as I mentioned in another post, I love the pricing format here. It is awesome. But that raises a question. I would actually like to get four 16 region worlds. Can they be moved and joined as one large area?
Dot Matrix

Re: New Question... Region locations

Post by Dot Matrix »

Welcome to Kitely, Scorpius!

To answer your question, one of the ways Kitely enables such good value for money for customers is by automating a lot of the services; in this context, world placement is based on a fixed grid with space between each world. This means it's not possible to place four separate worlds together to make one huge area as you suggest.

An alternative might be to use portals/tunnels to travel between different Kitely Worlds (though there may be a slight delay as the destination world fires up).

Also, layered builds on a single World of any size can work quite nicely. There are some excellent products on Kitely Market that can be used to create extensive and good-looking landscapes as sky-builds.

Hope this helps!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

One thing worth noting is that as you increase world complexity, world startup times will increase as will the world's server resource usage. In order to keep thing loading quickly without server lag, I'd recommend getting additional world(s) if you need more than 16 regions for your build. In other words, there is a reason why we don't sell worlds bigger than 16 regions in size. :-)
Scorpius Aurotharius
Has thanked: 0

Post by Scorpius Aurotharius »

Thanks for the explanation. One 16 grid is more than large enough for what I would like to build on Kitely. I just figured with the prices being so low, if it were possible, I would make a larger area of woodlands, mountains, lake etc... in the surrounding area. Thanks for the quick response though and the clear explanation.
These users thanked the author Scorpius Aurotharius for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

There are some very effective off-sim landscaping items on Kitely Market:

https://www.kitely.com/market?q=sim+surround

I've personally used those by Worlds End and by Virtual Infinity (aka 21strom) -- they're super.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAlexina Proctor
skindup truk

Post by skindup truk »

haha i asked the same thing!! pls stay in touch with news of your progress...