RE: UPGRADING STANDARD REGION TO 3X3 VAR

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
TheMad Tadder

RE: UPGRADING STANDARD REGION TO 3X3 VAR

Post by TheMad Tadder »

I currently have a standard 256x256 region which is quite developed with the awesome free Evergreen OAR. A HUGE THANK YOU to Ozwell Wayfarer for that gem!

But, now I'm interested in upgrading my standard region to a 3x3 VAR. I want to move my existing region with all assets to the center area of the VAR using the "Grapical Tool" instructions provided by Oren Hurvitz:
https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/
And thank you for that fantastic information!

Yet, before I make this change, I just want to make sure it is possible to do without losing all the work I've done on my Evergreen OAR standard region and, what is the price of the 3x3 VAR? It's not listed anywhere that I can find on the region selections.

Many thanks & Best Regards~~~*
TheMad Tadder
8-)
These users thanked the author TheMad Tadder for the post:
Alexina Proctor
Ilan Tochner

Re: RE: UPGRADING STANDARD REGION TO 3X3 VAR

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi TheMad Tadder,

None of your changes will be lost when you increase your world's size using our resize world tool.

To have a 3x3 world you'll need to first upgrade your world to be an Advanced World, which you can do in that world's Manage World dialog using the change world type option. Please see our Services page for details: https://www.kitely.com/services
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
TheMad TadderAlexina Proctor
TheMad Tadder

Post by TheMad Tadder »

Ilan Tochner wrote:Hi TheMad Tadder,

To have a 3x3 world you'll need to first upgrade your world to be an Advanced World, which you can do in that world's Manage World dialog using the change world type option. Please see our Services page for details: https://www.kitely.com/services
Ok, I'm not quite sure what you mean by changing the World Type option. I went to the URL you provided, but it didn't make it any clearer to me in an answer to my question about the price of a 3x3 region if I upgrade from from my starter world.

I see the only type of region listed as Advanced World is described as "up to 16 regions" at the cost of $39.95 USD per month. Does this mean that a 3x3 VAR (9 regions) is the same price as a 4x4 VAR (16 regions) = $39.95 USD per month?

Thanks!
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Kitely charges for the amount of server resources it provides your world, it does so based on the world type you order. That world type in turn defines various quotas for your world, such as how big it can be, how many prims it can hold and how many avatars can visit it concurrently.

To answer your quest, yes, the cost of having a 3x3 VarRegion world is the same as having a 4x4 VarRegion world as both these worlds will need to be hosted on an Advanced World.

To turn your single-region world into a 3x3 VarRegion, first use the "change world type" option in your world's Manage World dialog to upgrade the world to be an Advanced World instead of a Starter World (the cost for the first month will be pro-rated for the difference in world type costs and the number of days remaining in the month).

Once that's done use the "change world size" option in your world's Manage World dialog to resize your world and position your existing region inside it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Alexina Proctor
TheMad Tadder

Post by TheMad Tadder »

Thank you, Ilan. I understand now. :)
These users thanked the author TheMad Tadder for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Great, please let me know if there is anything else you need.