Kitely keeps crashing?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
amvans Lapis

Kitely keeps crashing?

Post by amvans Lapis »

Hello,
I was wondering if there is an issue with Kitely this morning. I can come in using Singularity or FireStorm and move around and do some things, but within about 5 minutes, it freezes and kicks me out.

Thanks,
Marie

amvans lapis
Ilan Tochner

Re: Kitely keeps crashing?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marie,

No worlds crashed this morning. Are you sure it isn't your viewer that crashed? You can see this buy going to your world's world page when you are logged into that world and looking at the Active World panel that appears when the world is active. You'll notice that if you crash the graph will show that the world is still active.

Alternatively, if you log into that world using two different viewers at the same time you may see that if one crashes the other remains connected.

Have you tried clearing your viewer cache and viewer inventory cache? Is your avatar wearing something different than it did when you didn't crash?
amvans Lapis

Post by amvans Lapis »

Hi Ilan,

I cleared the cache and now I'm getting an error saying that the "Connection between viewer and Destination region could not be established." Then it kicked me out again. I'm getting a bit worried this might be some new security setting on the part of my company?

Thanks,
Marie
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

That could very well be, please check with your system administrator to ensure that the firewall ports that are listed on this page are kept open: https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... ual+Worlds