Disappearing Prims

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Koshari Mahana

Disappearing Prims

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Hi, Over the past day or two my prims (prim and mesh) seem to be disappearing, they aren't gone and I can click in the area and they will highlight so they are still there. It's not all prims and seems to mostly be affecting the prims I've created in the past day or two (I'm building). If I zoom out they start to reappear, the further I zoom away from them the more they pop into view (sort of the opposite of what usually happens).

I tried clearing cache, I've tried different viewers, I've tried teleporting to and from the region and I've allowed my region to restart several times. It's the same problem each time. It's my newest region, Coopersville.

Any idea what might be causing it and/or how I can fix it?

Thanks!
Koshari
VISIT FOUR WINDS ON THE MARKET
VISIT FOUR WINDS INWORLD: hop://grid.kitely.com:8002/Coopersville/909/907/21
Ilan Tochner

Re: Disappearing Prims

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

Have you tried clearing both your viewer cache and your viewer inventory cache?

Have you tried changing the viewer graphics settings to see if this changes anything? If you see things from far away but not up close then it's possible the viewer has some issue rendering the higher LOD levels for objects but not the lower ones. Your viewer may currently be using some graphics option which is causing this problem. If you switch to a different graphics setting this problematic setting (if it exists) may be changed in a way that will help you resolve the issue.
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Hi Ilan,

I did clear cache (from the viewer preferences, is there another way?) and I tried different viewers, the same thing is happening in all of them. I tried changing my viewer graphics settings, none of them changed the problem. There are a few prims that do it every time and there are some that seem rather arbitrary, sometimes they disappear and sometimes they don't.

If there is another way to clear cache (object cache?) can you tell me what it is?

While I have you I've wanted to ask you about another problem I've been having with the new region (btw none of these problems are happening in Four Winds, only Coopersville). Anyway, when login directly to Coopersville I can't move, I can't sit, I can't fly. I can go to the map and teleport right next to myself and the problem is fixed, I can move around. It doesn't happen when I teleport there from another place, only when I log in directly to Coopersville. Any idea what that might be?

Thanks for your help!
Koshari
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Koshari,

Please log into Kitely grid with Firestorm (go inworld), open Viewer > Preferences > Network & Files > Directories then press both the button labeled "Clear Cache" and the button labeled "Clear Inventory Cache". Once that's done restart your viewer and log into Kitely again.

That said, if these problems are only happening in Coopersville you likely have some items or scripts rezzed in that world that are causing the problem. Please follow the instructions listed here to try to find them (but do clear the viewer caches first): https://kitely.atlassian.net/wiki/space ... erformance
Koshari Mahana

Post by Koshari Mahana »

Hi Ilan,

I cleared the cache and that didn't help but I deleted the items that were disappearing the most and it seems to take care of the problem. They were some mesh chairs. I wonder why they would disappear and cause items around them to disappear? Strange. Anyway, I'll just use some different chairs. :)

Thanks for your help!
Koshari
These users thanked the author Koshari Mahana for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

It's possible that the highest LOD for these items was higher than the max supported complexity for your viewer's graphics settings.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Koshari Mahana