Issue adding members to land group

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Brooke Brandenburg
Has thanked: 0

Issue adding members to land group

Post by Brooke Brandenburg »

I have just joined Kitely and taken a region. I am trying to create a land group, but seem unable to do so. I am trying to add an alt who has joined Kitely and has been friended already. I can locate her name within the resident chooser, but when I am to choose a role for her, I have no options...the response is just 'loading'...and it remains that way, so I am unable to invite her to the group. I have exhausted all ideas. Can anyone help please? Thanks! :)
These users thanked the author Brooke Brandenburg for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Issue adding members to land group

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Brooke,

Firestorm has some issues with managing groups. The solution is to do your group management using the Singularity viewer. You can switch back to using Firestorm once you're done making the desired group-related configurations.

You can download the Singularity viewer from here: http://www.singularityviewer.org/downloads
Brooke Brandenburg

Thanks for the tip, IIan! I am still having basically the same issue using Singularity. :( The friend's (alt's) name will not add to the resident chooser even after being selected. Is there anything else I should try? I will eventally lose my land group if I cannot add anyone. Thanks again.
Brooke Brandenburg

I finally succeeded by opening two instances of Firestorm and logging each av in. Once they were within chat range, it was no problem to add the alt to the group. Hope this helps anyone else with this issue! :D
These users thanked the author Brooke Brandenburg for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerDot Matrix
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for sharing that solution Brooke.
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

yes brooke, is what i need to do as well 'put both on', if u need to add
good to remind us ilan,about fs having issues with groups,and better use sing for that
i found other solutions for odd things,ill put them here,when i realise i did =) (cos atm i forgot )
chris
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey