OAR File / Editing Regions

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Paiyo DeYew

Re: OAR File / Editing Regions

Post by Paiyo DeYew »

Thank you. I need to check my connection as I am not wireless and should have a very fast connection. But that is separate issues. Thank s for the help. It now says, " Your terrain was loaded as a .raw file. It may take a few moments to appear." I assume that is the good message? Either way thank you for the help. Kitely is certainly different than any other I have tried, and in a good way. I'll get it figured out. At least my problem is trying to figure out how to edit my terrain...my four region terrain. There is no way I would have four region world somewhere else, let alone get this my help with it. So, thank s again.
These users thanked the author Paiyo DeYew for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

Paiyo DeYew wrote:Thank you. I need to check my connection as I am not wireless and should have a very fast connection. But that is separate issues. Thank s for the help. It now says, " Your terrain was loaded as a .raw file. It may take a few moments to appear." I assume that is the good message? Either way thank you for the help. Kitely is certainly different than any other I have tried, and in a good way. I'll get it figured out. At least my problem is trying to figure out how to edit my terrain...my four region terrain. There is no way I would have four region world somewhere else, let alone get this my help with it. So, thank s again.
Yes, that is a good message-)) as I am sure you know by now.

Also, a sometimes issue occurs even when uploading a terrain in that packets get lost and the resulting terrain has spikiness.

When this happens simply wait a few minutes or so and upload it again.

Kitely is more like using the opensim console but thru a web interface and designed for the commercial aspects. Which is very, very cool for a commercial grid.

Glad to see you are keeping at it and figuring it out-))
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Lawrence Pierce

Post by Lawrence Pierce »

I am having the same issue. I attempted an upload a .raw file three times and received the message: "There was an IO Exception loading your terrain. Please check free space." I waited over four hours and then made further attempts, to no avail. I have no reason to think there is a network issue on this end.

I used Firestorm viewer 4.5.1.38838 and the latest version of Singularity. The Internet connection is AT&T U-verse fiber optic to the house and the computer is cable connected, not wireless. I checked my connection using the AT&T speed test and throughput seems normal.

Perhaps the error message is misleading and the real issue is something else?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Lawrence, when uploading a RAW file, I recommend not doing anything else inworld. Just initiate the uploading and leave the viewer until it's done. Doing anything else may interfere with the upload which can cause the problem you encountered (the message is misleading, it has nothing to do with the amount of free space, there is abundant free drive space on all the servers that we use to host world simulators).
Danko Whitfield

Post by Danko Whitfield »

for what it's worth, i have uploaded and downloaded RAW files a number of times over the past week without incident. using the latest Firestorm.
Lawrence Pierce

Post by Lawrence Pierce »

As I suspected, the issue (in my case) was not due to any issues related to network activity. The problem was in the file formatting. I analyzed my RAW file setup and now that it has been corrected, the uploads work just fine. The message was confusing at first, but I've posted my solution as it might be why others may have a similar experience.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the update Lawrence. :-)