Creating a New world

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
The Fam
Has thanked: 0

Creating a New world

Post by The Fam »

Hi people,
So I have an active world that myself and my kids mess about with now and again, but we decided this weekend to build a village. I was hoping to start a new world and upload an OAR but it seems I cannot do this without paying again. I tried putting our active world in storage but it seems I cannot do this until the next billing cycle. Is there any way that I can create a new world without setting up a second payment?

Many Thanks
Brontie
Ilan Tochner

Re: Creating a New world

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Brontie,

Subscription payments are for specific worlds. This means that if you already paid this month's subscription payment for the world you converted to be a Stored World then you can switch it back to the world type it was on before this change for free (as you've already paid for this world this month). However, if you want to create a new world then you'll need to pay for it.

There is a way for you to build with your kids without paying for a new world subscription:
1) Switch your world to be the world type it was before you converted it to be a Stored World.

2) Use the Copy World function (in your My Worlds page) to create a copy of your world that will be saved as a Stored World in your account. Please note that Copy World respects permissions so not everything may be copied in the process. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... rmissions/

3) Open the Manage World dialog and rename your world to what you want it to be called when you use it with your kids.

4) Enter your world and delete what you don't want it to include when you use it with your kids.

Please note that this process may be time consuming and you have to make sure you understand what will and will not be included in the world copy you create so you don't lose things unexpectedly.
The Fam
Has thanked: 0

Re: Creating a New world

Post by The Fam »

That's brilliant! Thanks for the info :D
These users thanked the author The Fam for the post:
Ilan Tochner