setting building permissions for specific areas

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Eileen O'Connor

setting building permissions for specific areas

Post by Eileen O'Connor »

Hi folks. I want to make sandbox areas with item return on some of my island spaces; I would like to designate building permissions with no item return in other areas. However, when I take the painstaking amount of time to set up these areas, they all seem to default to the same setting for all of the regions within my large 4 island area. Am I doing something wrong? How to I have different area settings in my 4 island setting? thanks for any help here. eileen
These users thanked the author Eileen O'Connor for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGonçalo Peres
Ilan Tochner

Re: setting building permissions for specific areas

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Eileen,

Kitely worlds are implemented as OpenSim VarRegions, i.e. one big region not multiple regions adjacent to each other. This means that when you set region settings they will affect your entire Kitely world.

That said, autoreturn is a parcel setting. To have it be set differently for different parcels you need to teleport into each parcel in turn and set the value there. Please note that when you TP into a new parcel it can take a few seconds for that parcel's autoreturn value to be downloaded and you will see the previous parcel's autoreturn value until that happens.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Min TigerpawGonçalo Peres