Change Standard to advanced world?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Freda Frostbite

Change Standard to advanced world?

Post by Freda Frostbite »

Please forgive me if this has already been discussied ad nauseum. I am under the impression that I could change my standard world to an advanced world. If that is the case, what exactly would happen if I made that change?
Would my world suddenly have more footprint and prims? Would my current world still be intact as part of the new larger world? would my hypergrid address and LMs change?
These users thanked the author Freda Frostbite for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Change Standard to advanced world?

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Freda,

Your world's Type (Starter, Standard, or Advanced) defines the amount of server resources your world gets when it is active and thus also defines its usage limits (avatars, prims, and land size).

Changing your world's type from Standard to Advanced increases these limits but doesn't automatically change any other aspect of your world. Your world doesn't automatically change its size (how much land it has), no objects are automatically added or removed from your world, and its LMs and Hypergrid address stay the same. Increasing your world's actual size also doesn't add/remove objects from your world or change the main part of its Hypergrid address but it may change coordinates inside your world and therefore those optionally used in its Hypergrid address and LMs. For additional details about resizing your worlds, see: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/

To change your world's Type go to your My Worlds page, click the Manage link next to the world you wish to change to open its Manage World dialog. In that dialog click the Change world type link, select the world type you'd like to switch to then accept the changes to be sent to PayPal to update your subscription for our service. Once you complete that process your world will get its new world type the next time it is started.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans