Problems entering Kitely

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Zed deTremont

Problems entering Kitely

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hi,

This is already something that I encounter since long time.
When I login kitely I regularly get one of following errors
"login failed. We are in the process of entering "Val Sancy", Please wait for the previous attempt to complete.
or
"login failed. You appear to be already logged in. Please wait a minute or two and retry. If it takes longer than a few minutes please contact the grid owner."

I see the world starting on the website under "my worlds". I wait till the world is shutdown then retry... and unfortunately in for a new round. Been trying a long time no without success.

If you pls could look from your side what is happening I would appreciate.
Not as a bad comment, just to make sure that I do can get in virtual worlds, np to get in sl. Only problem is... that's not where I need to be :)
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteAlexina Proctor
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problems entering Kitely

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Zed,

What is the exact process you use to login to Kitely and what are your viewer login settings set to when you do so?

Are you pressing the Enter World button then pressing the Login button in your viewer or the other way around?

Are you pressing a link on the Kitely grid login page before pressing the Login button?

Is your viewer set to login to Home, Last Location, or some specific region?
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

Hello Ilan,

Viewer used: Firestorm 64 bits, 6.0.2 (56680) feb 8 2019, this problem I had with any version since the beginning.
Login straight with the viewer, enter world button is not pressed before entering though when I try a few times this window is opened for verification purposes.
Entering via "last location" which means in as good as all cases my build platform.

Thank you for your response
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Try clicking the Kitely Welcome Center link our our viewer login page then pressing the viewer Login button. Does this result in the same type of issue?

If not, I'd recommend logging into the Kitely Welcome Center (which is always on) then teleporting to your desired destination from there. Are you still encountering problems when you use that option?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Zed deTremontSelby EvansChris NamasteAlexina Proctor
Zed deTremont

Post by Zed deTremont »

I will try if I get the same result if I start the world before logging in. Will take a bit of time to test this decently. Right now anyway online, World starts in principle fast. To be continued after testing period
These users thanked the author Zed deTremont for the post:
Chris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

If you press Enter World before you try to login then our system is not just starting the world, it's starting a login process for your avatar into that world. If you do that then try to login to a different location then you'll be notified that you're already in the process of logging into a different world.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

:)
just having a similar problem,
i log in , like most of the time, via kitely welcome
it gives this error
'login failed
you appear to be already logged in
please wait a minute or two and retry
if this takes longer than a few min plse contact the grid owner'

never had this before,
thankyou for reading
These users thanked the author Chris Namaste for the post:
Zed deTremont
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

What is the exact process you use to login Chris? Please describe all the steps.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Chris Namaste
Chris Namaste

Post by Chris Namaste »

https://gyazo.com/collections/a248978b9 ... f525135385

hi ilan,
just logging in, choosingn welcome & tp to welcome (there it 'stops' - gives error also when tp to other sims, i choose welcome to login safe,

ive taken printscreens fyi
i hope this helps?
i really have no idea how one can do it different
thankyou :)
Chris CreationZ url kitely market : https://www.kitely.com/market?store=914 ... &sort=date
Because ultimately we are not the avatars we create. We are not the pictures on the film stock. We are the light that shines through.Jim Carrey
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Chris,

I'm not completely sure I understand what you meant by "choosingn welcome & tp to welcome". Do you mean you clicked The Kitely Welcome Center link in the viewer login page then pressed the Login button or do you mean you clicked the Kitely Welcome Center link then did something else as well before pressing the Login button? For example, did you change the login location to something other than the "Home" setting that is shown in the screenshot you sent us?