need advice on removinga premade build

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Danny Heisler
Has thanked: 0

need advice on removinga premade build

Post by Danny Heisler »

I have received advice, but still having trouble removing the university from my world. first change it to a Stored World in the Manage World dialog.
I could not find the option to store worlds.

This is challenging.

Please help

Thank you
These users thanked the author Danny Heisler for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: need advice on removinga premade build

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Danny,

To change a world to be a Stored World you need to open the world's Manage World dialog then click the change world type link and select the Stored World option.

That said, how does changing your world to be a Stored World help you in clearing the contents of your world?

Why not use Area Search and just delete all the objects in the world? https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_area_search
Danny Heisler

Post by Danny Heisler »

Ilan,
Thank you again. I feel bad on bothering you on this.
You are a great guy andvery patient with me.

Danny
Danny Heisler

Post by Danny Heisler »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:18 pm
Hi Danny,

To change a world to be a Stored World you need to open the world's Manage World dialog then click the change world type link and select the Stored World option.

That said, how does changing your world to be a Stored World help you in clearing the contents of your world?

Why not use Area Search and just delete all the objects in the world? https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_area_search
I keep gettin the message top delete I nmeed to store it first.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you trying to delete the world and create a new one or are you trying to delete the contents of the world?
Sue Caxton

Post by Sue Caxton »

Danny

If I understand what you are trying to do, you want to clear the existing build and replace it with an optimised build that is not so laggy.

However, you might want to save the current build for later reuse. You do this as follows:
  1. Go to the Kitely world page for your world.
  2. Click the button "Manage" in the right hand section of the page that is headed "Manage World"
  3. Choose the "Files" tab -- third from the left, at the top of the "Manage World" panel
  4. Click the button "Export World". This makes a backup file of your world. It will take a while for complex worlds.
  5. When the backup file has been created, a message will appear that offers the chance for you to download the file. You need to do this and save it to your computer. Also, look at the report and save that webpage to your computer -- that will say which parts of the build were not included in the backup because of permissions issues.
Now, to clear the build, either use Area search as Ilan suggests (https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_area_search) or load a different Opensim archive file (OAR file), which will replace the existing build -- you do this in the second part of the Files tab ("Replace World").

Note that if you simply clear the existing buildings you will still need to sort out the terrain.

If you want an alternative free Conference Center, Linda Kellie made one quite a few years ago. Here's a link to download the OAR from outworldz.com: https://www.outworldz.com/cgi/sculpt-sa ... eCenter.gz
These users thanked the author Sue Caxton for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerJohn MelaFrank SquirrelHerder