Items rezzed in the NW quadrant have disappeared

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Kate Jonez

Items rezzed in the NW quadrant have disappeared

Post by Kate Jonez »

I have a 4x4 region and the items rezzed on the NW quad have disappeared. Is this a browser or server issue? Is there something I can do to restore the objects? Or is there a way to role back any update that might have caused the problem?
Tess Juel

Re: Items rezzed in the NW quadrant have disappeared

Post by Tess Juel »

I suppose you've already tried to relog to see if it's a viewer issue. If that didn't help, ask somebody else to check if they can see it. I can't do that since your region has restricted access (I assume it's Omnium Gatherum).

If it's a server issue, yes, Kitely does offer rollbacks, but you'll have to wait for Ilan to wake up (the poor guy has to sleep sometimes - don't ask me when, he always responds right away when I bother him with silly questions, no matter what time of day/night it is). But if the region is rolled back, keep in mind that all changes you've made since the last backup will be lost forever.
These users thanked the author Tess Juel for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerKate JonezChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Kate,

Are you referring to "Omnium Gatherum"? That's the only world in your account and it's a 2x2 sized Standard World, not a 4x4 sized Advanced World.

I visited that world and it does include items in the NW quadrant but some of them, including a building, are up in the sky. My guess is that you (or someone else with building rights in that world) have accidentally selected area and moved those objects from the location you expect them to be.

If you want, we can restore the world from a daily backup going back up to 10 days but as Tess explained this will cause the loss of any rezzed objects which you haven't backed up into your inventory. So please make sure to take your recent builds into your inventory before you ask me to restore from backup. Once you're ready, please let me know how many days to go back. Please note that we can't undo the restoration so it's best if we go back just to yesterday's backup if you think the change was recent.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Tess JuelKate JonezChris Namaste
Kate Jonez

Post by Kate Jonez »

Hi Ilan,

Yes, I am referring to Omnium Gatherum. My mistake I meant 2x2. I didn't think to look up in the sky. I'll let you know if I'd like to do a back up. If the items are there it's probably easier to just move them back where they should be.

Thank you!
These users thanked the author Kate Jonez for the post:
Ilan Tochner