testing out back up of worlds in oar files

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Salie Davis

testing out back up of worlds in oar files

Post by Salie Davis »

I may not understand fully how permissions work when saving to an oar file. Testing my world I saved it onto my computer, read the report and not finding anything of importance re-loaded the world. A whole castle disappeared that wasn't on the report as not being able to be saved. I have it in my files so no big loss but was curious why it didn't show on the export report as not being able to be saved? Looking at permissions in the object they are the same as all my other objects that were saved.
Ilan Tochner

Re: testing out back up of worlds in oar files

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Salie,

Did you upload the world into a world of the same size as the one from which you exported it?
Salie Davis

Post by Salie Davis »

Yes I didn't change any settings. I could expand to a 4 region to test if for some reason it thought it wasn't on the region but I have an off sim ship that is part on and part off and that saved.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Off-sim items have their root object inside the world area, otherwise those linksets can't be part of that region's objects. Therefore the fact that an off-sim object was rendered doesn't mean that items that have their root object outside the world's current area will be imported into it as well. I suggest you realize your world to what it was when you created the OAR file then reimport the OAR file into it.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Salie DavisSnoots Dwagon
Salie Davis

Post by Salie Davis »

That is really good to know as I often hang things over the edge. That is what must have happened is th root prim may have been outside of the boundary. Thank You.
These users thanked the author Salie Davis for the post:
Ilan Tochner