Need help with home URI change

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Brian Carroll
Has thanked: 0

Need help with home URI change

Post by Brian Carroll »

Hello,

I changed the port number of my personal (non-kitely) grid from 8002 to port 80, and I can't Hypergrid into my Kitely regions any longer. I now get an error that the grid's Home URI has changed. This error only occurs with Kitely, I can Hypergrid to other grids fine.

Could you please refresh this on the Kitely side so I can use Hypergrid again? It seems the old URL is stored.

old grid URL -

world.ideajolt.com:8002

new URL -

world.ideajolt.com

Thank you!

Brian Carroll
These users thanked the author Brian Carroll for the post (total 3):
Selby EvansIlan TochnerSnoots Dwagon
Ilan Tochner

Re: Need help with home URI change

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Brian,

We removed the information relating to avatars from your previous grid URI. You should now be able to teleport into Kitely from the new grid URI. Please note that you may need to complete the GDPR authorization step for these avatars again.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Snoots Dwagon
Justin Ireman
Has thanked: 0

Post by Justin Ireman »

Hi I have the exact same issue as the OP above. We recently changed our grid domain name by adding a sub domain and using that. Old address is http://avalonia-virtual.online:8002 NEW address is http://grid.avalonia-virtual.online:8002

Because of this I and other grid users are no longer able to visit Kitely or safely use the Kitely Market place. I'd be grateful if you can look into this.

Many thanks.

Justin Ireman
Avalonia Virtual
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Justin,

I've removed the old grid information from our system. Please follow the aforementioned instructions for setting up access to our grid and marketplace from your new grid URI.