Several basic questions

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Pierre Hayaert
Has thanked: 0

Several basic questions

Post by Pierre Hayaert »

Hi,

I just created a new 4x4 world and have several questions after trying unsuccessfully a few things (but I am a very new user, I may have missed obvious things...)

1) I want to restrict the access of the world to some people only. How can I do that ? I tried to create a group but it tells me I don't have enough KC even though the cost is 0.

2) I want to manage the access right (build / no build) of people in my world. How can I do that ?

3) Is the voice chat enabled by default ? How can I use it ?

4) For a 4x4 world, I assume it is one world of 4x4 size ? Can I transform it into 2 words of 2x1 ? or 4 worlds of 1x1 ? or other options ?

5) Is it possible to exchange data between the world and some other web site ? For example, I would like to display scores of avatar have achieved on web games inside the world

6) After the 14 days money back guarantee period, what happens if I want to leave ? Is there a minimum cost or duration ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
PH
These users thanked the author Pierre Hayaert for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAda Radius
Ilan Tochner

Re: Several basic questions

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Pierre,

You created a 2x2 sized Standard World. If you wish it to be 4x4 regions in size you'll need to first change its world type using the "change world type" link in your world's Manage World dialog then use the "change world size" link in that same dialog (you can get to that dialog by pressing the Manage button on the My Worlds page on our website). See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/

Restricting access to the world is done from the Access tab of your world's Manage World dialog. The group options you'll be given are the groups your avatar belongs to. If you wish to create your own group you'll need to do so from inside the browser and that will cost you 100 KC per group. Please note you'll need to have at least one more person join that group within 48 hours in order to avoid the group being automatically deleted.

You can define who can build inside your world using the Parcel access settings which you define inside the viewer. First, set the world to a group then limit building access in parcel details to only allow people from that group to build there. See: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/land_options_tab

Voice chat for your world is enabled by default but for people to hear you you need to have your Speak button pressed inside the viewer (there is a small checkmark on that button that you can use to keep the option enabled without holding the button). See: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_using_voice

The world type defines the amount of server resources your world gets, which limits the size you can set your world to be. Worlds can be resized but they can't be split into separate disjoint areas.

It is possible to display web pages on objects inside worlds and it's possible to script communications with external servers to enable inworld objects to react to external information.

You can discontinue using our service at any time, there is no minimum cost or duration. We charge for services a pro-rated rate when you order then on the 1st of the month for each month after that. If you cancel your PayPal subscription for our services after the money back period has ended you won't get that money back but your world subscription will continue until the end of the month you've already paid for.

Please let us know if there is anything else you need.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 3):
Ada RadiusSelby EvansMichael Timeless
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

These are questions we've all had, starting out here. Nice list :)
These users thanked the author Ada Radius for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerMichael TimelessSnoots Dwagon
Michael Timeless

Post by Michael Timeless »

Ada Radius wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:53 pm
These are questions we've all had, starting out here. Nice list :)
And some of us eighteen years later are still asking questions. You never learn it all (Of course, I may be going senile and just starting new in my head).
These users thanked the author Michael Timeless for the post (total 4):
Ilan TochnerSnoots DwagonKimm StarrAda Radius
Snoots Dwagon

Post by Snoots Dwagon »

I never have any questions. I wonder why that is? Wait... what were we discussing again? :mrgreen:
These users thanked the author Snoots Dwagon for the post (total 2):
Ada RadiusMichael Timeless
~~~~~~~
I'm a dwagon in real life too. (Ask my sister, who totally agrees.)

~~~~~~~