Very hard to teleport to other grids

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Trouble Ahead

Very hard to teleport to other grids

Post by Trouble Ahead »

I had troubles to TP to other grids, even diving into the recommendations of other people with same issues.
Installed new FS viewer, cleared cache, tried to teleport out when being on Kitely welcome centre. No progress after trying that.
I also heard some other people having same issue and also had questions of people arriving on welcome centre with a new Kitely avatar, not being able to TP to other grids. This seems to be problematic for more people.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Ilan TochnerChris NamasteAda Radius
Ilan Tochner

Re: Very hard to teleport to other grids

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Trouble,

What grid(s) did you try to teleport to (some major ones, such as OSgrid, have been offline lately).

Your inventory root folder is very full. Have you tried moving folders from the root inventory folder into a subfolder? The more items and inventory folders your root folder contains the longer it can take for a teleport attempt to a different grid to complete.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Ada Radius
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

OSgrid is supposedly back up as of April 1st though currently I can access some regions (Lani Mall) and not others (OpenSimWorld).

I suggest trying the OpenSim Community Conference grid for testing -- never had any issues getting there.

http://cc.opensimulator.org:8002/ in map search.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerAda Radius
Trouble Ahead

Post by Trouble Ahead »

Tried all above suggestions ( moving objects to other folders etc ) , tested what grid was online with my OS grid avatar. Also took my Kitely alt with almost empty inventory to try to TP to other grids. No luck at all with the avatar I always use and the alt . Seems Kitely imprisoned me. I dont even crash , need to force a stop of the viewer to be able to log in again.
Running the latest FirestormOS viewer.
These users thanked the author Trouble Ahead for the post (total 3):
Graham MillsAda RadiusChris Namaste
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Trouble,

Are you able to teleport with that alt from your OSGrid region to Kitely and then teleport back to the same region it came from?
Ada Radius
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I've tried a few destinations also using latest FirestormOS (and my inventory is notoriously congested!) A lot of my landmarks failed though that might simply be because they are stale or the regions concerned are no longer hg-enabled; I don't hg that much. I didn't check with a non-Kitely alt.

Some that worked:

OSCC Expo zone 3: hop://cc.opensimulator.org:8002/OSCC Expo Zone 3/39/84/26
Opera: hop://ignis-fatuus.no-ip.biz:8002/Opera/8/128/33
Abyss Observatory: hop://jogrid.net:8002/Abyss Observatory/145/105/165
Encantada: hop://hg.osgrid.org:80/Encantada/391/533/23
Wright Plaza: hop://hg.osgrid.org:80/Wright Plaza/212/53/21
Primland: hop://grid.avacon.org:8002/PrimLand/21/13/26
Metropolis was also OK (went via links generated on their website, stale landmarks gave "error contacting grid")
Fire & Ice grid: hop://fireandicegrid.net:8002/Welcome - Fire And Ice Grid/430/49/31 (random choice)

I suppose the question is whether any of these work for you, i.e. is it a general rather than specific problem?

One that I was unable to tp to was the Science Circle grid: hop://grid.sciencecircle.org:8002/WelcomeZone despite OpenSimWorld showing it as online.

It might be interesting to know what version of OpenSim grids you tried were using in case this underlies the different experiences of your OSgrid alt and Kitely avatar.
Ilan TochnerAda Radius
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Just to update, today I was able to get to OpenSimWorld using map search for hg.osgrid.org:80:OpenSimWorld

Couldn't get to Science Circle sim with either my Kitely or OSCC avatars. OpenSimWorld shows some of their regions offline and tp to the one online region took me someplace else entirely! I'm guessing that all the Science Circle sims are offline and the "alien" sim was occupying the same position on the hg which was enough to confuse OpenSimWorld's scanner.

Did note someone commenting on tp issues with the latest FS but that doesn't explain the Kitely-specific nature of Trouble's problems.

Anyways, that's all from me for the moment.
Last edited by Graham Mills on Tue Apr 05, 2022 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ilan TochnerAda Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

I'm having problems too, but, even though my system and graphics card are less than 4 months old, I haven't ruled out issues at my end. Nor at the sims where I'm trying to tp to. grr. I doubt if this is Kitely's fault, but we probably do need better tools to help sort out what each users problems are.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Are you using the latest Firestorm version? If so, please try with Singularity or with an older Firestorm version to make sure that the viewer isn't the cause for these troubles.
Ada Radius
Ada Radius

Post by Ada Radius »

Firestorm 6.5.3 (65658) Mar 1 2022 11:08:53 (64bit / SSE2)

I'm trying to teleport from Kitely Welcome Center, my Inventory and Suitcase are cleaned up, and I'm using the graphics card settings recommended by Firestorm. The progress bar goes to about 90%, then the viewer stops responding. Or crashes. I'll try an older FS.