still cannot hypergrid to other regions

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Genavieve Page

still cannot hypergrid to other regions

Post by Genavieve Page »

Helllo just seeking help again here from anyone.
I have been trying for sometime now to visit other worlds. I used to be able too. but now just get a message saying I am wearing non exportable items. I have the starter avi from kitely and used this one a month ago. i visited worlds without issue. I am am not sure if itd the latest firstorm or just a glitch but nothing I try to wear works. Please help as other are saying they cannot hyper grid to my region as well. I have had two others wanting to visit but no one from other worlds can. I have told them about wearing non exportable items. but they cannot get there.
kind regards Genvieve Page. hypergridding used to be a lot easier
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: still cannot hypergrid to other regions

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Genavieve,

Please go to the Kitely Starter Avatars world and take a copy of a starter avatar into an inventory folder: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world/Il ... er-Avatars. Then right click that inventory folder and use the Replace Current Outfit option to wear just the contents of that folder instead of anything else you are currently wearing or have attached. This should eliminate the export issue you're having. Once that's done try wearing one of your own outfits using the same Replace current Outfit option.

There are issues with Hypergriding using the latest Firestorm version. Until a new Firestorm version comes out, these issues can be fixed by using the previous Firestorm version. See: viewtopic.php?p=31744#p31744
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

I've not checked this but is it possible that the problem is due to a HUD rather than a clothing item?
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Genavieve Page
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Thank you both. I have done all those things awhile ago. I have a starter avatar from kitely and no huds but still have the same issue so I think it must be this latest firestorm. thank you for your fast reply as always. much appreciated
Genavieve Page
Tess Juel

Post by Tess Juel »

Genavieve Page wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:51 am
I have a starter avatar from kitely and no huds but still have the same issue so I think it must be this latest firestorm.

The problem with the latest Firestorm version is voice related, has nothing to do with what you wear and there's no reason why it should give the error message you get.

Are you sure you replaced everything at the Kitely Starter Avatars sim? There are no complete regular human avatars there so it's easy to miss mandatory components like the hair base and the eyes.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Please repeat the steps I specified to Replace Current Outfit even if you've done so previously. Then clear both your viewer cache and your viewer inventory cache, restart your viewer and try teleporting from the Kitely Welcome Center to another grid. Did that work?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Genavieve Page
Genavieve Page

Post by Genavieve Page »

Thank you Ilan this has worked this time. I replace all and did as you suggested. I thought I had already done this but must have still been wearing something not exportable.
thank you kindly.
These users thanked the author Genavieve Page for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerGraham Mills