Items in My Suitcase are not rezzing across Hypergrid

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Mike Lorrey

Items in My Suitcase are not rezzing across Hypergrid

Post by Mike Lorrey »

I have two different objects that I created which is fully permed, both the mesh, script and textures. Last week I was able to rez them on other grids without problems, but for the past two days I have been unable to rez any objects in My Suitcase while on other grids. I drag the object out of the inventory and drop it on the ground, which is giving me the rezzing shake sound, but nothing appears. I spent extensive time in those locations on two grids (AMV and Discovery) of over an hour each time, and it wasn't a matter of delayed rezzing. What is going on? Is this a new bug with the new version of the viewer that Ilan told me to install cause he claimed, falsely, that the 6.4 version was "buggy" and causing other bugs that keep getting blamed on everything but the actual cause?
These users thanked the author Mike Lorrey for the post:
Christine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Re: Items in My Suitcase are not rezzing across Hypergrid

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Mike, I suggest that you forgo the aggressive attitude you've adopted in your recent comments in our forums. You're asking for help while attacking the person which you're asking to help you. I didn't falsly tell you that the old Firestorm version that you were using was buggy. Firestorm fixes bugs in each version they release and you were using an old Firestorm version. You can read the release notes for each of the Firestorm versions that were released after the old Firestorm version you were using was released to see which bugs they fixed that existed in the old Firestorm version you were previously using.

However, like with all software, sometimes newer viewer versions contain new bugs that didn't exist in previous versions. Sometimes they can also include regressions, which are bugs that were already fixed in previous versions but we're reintroduced in later versions. So it's possible a new Firestorm version that fixes some things could also have new issues as well.

As for your question, try removing your active group if you have one before teleporting, add a rezzed item that doesn't belong to any group to your My Suitcase folder then teleport to OSgrid and check if you can rezz it. If you can then teleport to one of the grids you mentioned and try rezzing that object in that grid again. Did that work?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 4):
Tess JuelShandon LoringBalpien HammererChristine Nyn
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:07 am
Mike, I suggest that you forgo the aggressive attitude you've adopted in your recent comments in our forums. You're asking for help while attacking the person which you're asking to help you. I didn't falsly tell you that the old Firestorm version that you were using was buggy. Firestorm fixes bugs in each version they release and you were using an old Firestorm version. You can read the release notes for each of the Firestorm versions that were released after the old Firestorm version you were using was released to see which bugs they fixed that existed in the old Firestorm version you were previously using.

However, like with all software, sometimes newer viewer versions contain new bugs that didn't exist in previous versions. Sometimes they can also include regressions, which are bugs that were already fixed in previous versions but we're reintroduced in later versions. So it's possible a new Firestorm version that fixes some things could also have new issues as well.

As for your question, try removing your active group if you have one before teleporting, add a rezzed item that doesn't belong to any group to your My Suitcase folder then teleport to OSgrid and check if you can rezz it. If you can then teleport to one of the grids you mentioned and try rezzing that object in that grid again. Did that work?
I removed my tag, and removed the group tag from the object, and went to AMV to rez the object in my suitcase. It won't rez.
Christine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Did you remove the group ownership from the object while it was rezzed or while it was inside your inventory?

If you create a new box inworld in Kitely without having an active group and take that into your My Suitcase folder are you then able to rezz it in OSgrid?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Christine Nyn
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:40 am
Did you remove the group ownership from the object while it was rezzed or while it was inside your inventory?

If you create a new box inworld in Kitely without having an active group and take that into your My Suitcase folder are you then able to rezz it in OSgrid?
I removed group ownership while it was rezzed and removed my own group tag before taking it back into inventory. I went to Koryphon Academy where I teach blender every week and have build perms, and it wont rez, just as it didn't earlier today, just as another object wouldnt rez yesterday at class.

Are you giving me a new region to play in?
Christine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I'm asking you to run a specific test to help you find the issue you're encountering and you're running different ones. I can't help you if you don't follow my instructions.

Please create a new box in Kitely, take it into your inventory My Suitecase folder, teleport to a sandbox in OSgrid then try rezzing that box there.
Christine Nyn
Mike Lorrey

Post by Mike Lorrey »

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:53 am
I'm asking you to run a specific test to help you find the issue you're encountering and you're running different ones. I can't help you if you don't follow my instructions.

Please create a new box in Kitely, take it into your inventory My Suitecase folder, teleport to a sandbox in OSgrid then try rezzing that box there.
You want me to create a new region to do this test. So I have to spend money on creating a new region to get this debugged?
Christine Nyn
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Mike,

I'm not asking you to order an additional world in Kitely.

"Please create a new box in Kitely, take it into your inventory My Suitecase folder, teleport to a sandbox in OSgrid then try rezzing that box there."
Christine Nyn
Balpien Hammerer

Post by Balpien Hammerer »

Just saw this. Not sure why you're on Ilan's case, but you should list both the grid AND the region you visited. Many grids, including DiscoveryGrid, permit region owners to determine whether HG visitors can enter their region. Region owners might restrict HG visitors from bringing in content or they might restrict visitors from letting content leave their region. If you had problems in DiscoveryGrid, please file a support ticket. HG visitors can do that. We can then help or advise you.
These users thanked the author Balpien Hammerer for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerChristine Nyn
Christine Nyn

Post by Christine Nyn »

Mike Lorrey wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 3:14 am
...I removed my tag, and removed the group tag from the object, and went to AMV to rez the object in my suitcase. It won't rez.
Try this:
Once the object is in your suitcase and while you are on Kitely wear the item. Just attach it to your hand or something.
Then HG into your chosen grid and detach the object. At that point you've forced the destination grid to recognise the object and it should rezz for you.
These users thanked the author Christine Nyn for the post (total 2):
Ilan TochnerKimm Starr