Unable to rez coalesced object

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Moonrise Azalee

Unable to rez coalesced object

Post by Moonrise Azalee »

I have a 2x2, and a new 4x4 that I created last night. The goal was to take my little neighbourhood from my 2x2 and place it onto a large blank land area in my 4x4. Since I already have roads and all that set up on the 2x2 it seemed easiest to just select all the items, (which i slid a large platform prim underneath) including the platform, and take into inventory.
But attempting to rez it onto the newly created 4x4 oar isn't happening. I get the 'you can't rez that here' message. Group is correct, everything is correct, there is over 100,000 prims available, I've tried both rezzing onto the straight terrain as well as a large prim and nothing. My guess is that the coalesced/soft linked item is triggering a server time out warning so it just won't rez.
Any ideas how to fix this? some items were non copy.
These users thanked the author Moonrise Azalee for the post:
Ilan Tochner
Ilan Tochner

Re: Unable to rez coalesced object

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Moonrize,

Is your goal to replace the small world or to have two worlds? If it's to simply enlarge the small world then I suggest you use the resize world option to do so instead of trying to copy items from one world to the other. See: https://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-ne ... ical-tool/ (note that you'll need to upgrade that world's world type to Advanced World to support the bigger world size).

If you wish to have 2 worlds with one containing a copy of your smaller one then use the Copy world option to duplicate the world then resize one of the worlds. That too will require changing the new copy to be an Advanced World before you resize it.

If you create more worlds then you intend to have then downgrade the one(s) you don't need to be a Stored World before deleting them.
Moonrise Azalee

the goal is to let my 2x2 go and keep the 4x4. my 4x4 is an OAR that already has a city build on it, the 2x2 had a few homes and established roads/paths that I wanted to place on a huge empty land mass within the new 4x4. I attached the items to a prim underneath them for easy moving, but although the server allowed the time needed to take them all into inventory after selected, it is not allowing me to place them back down anywhere. Not even back on the now empty 2x2.
From what I have read elsewhere its a server time out.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

A coalesced object is a single XML that references other assets. It can be huge if you selected the entire 2x2 area at once. Have you tried selecting smaller areas and copy/pasting them?
Moonrise Azalee

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:02 pm
A coalesced object is a single XML that references other assets. It can be huge if you selected the entire 2x2 area at once. Have you tried selecting smaller areas and copy/pasting them?
I'm not sure how to copy/paste the object. I just selected the items i wanted, chose 'take' and that's it. Normally I've not had much problem doing this, though it has been a while. A lot of my 2x2 was water, it wasn't super prim heavy. And I can't try to do it in smaller amounts because this coalesced object is now sitting in my inventory, unable to rez out. My rental homes for tenants, the paths made, rent boxes etc.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I suggest you delete the huge coalesced object from your inventory and select a smaller number of items to take into inventory then teleport to your new world and try rezzing that new coalesced object there.
Moonrise Azalee

Ilan Tochner wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:17 pm
I suggest you delete the huge coalesced object from your inventory and select a smaller number of items to take into inventory then teleport to your new world and try rezzing that new coalesced object there.
If I delete the object from my inventory, then all the items are gone. There is no smaller number of items to select because they are gone - they are the coalesced object. I have done this before with a far larger prim soft link, so did not anticipate problems. Just select->take.
Is there any way for either the time out to be temporarily delayed, or for you to access it in my inventory and separate it via xml file, or a rollback to my region to yesterday before i took the items up?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Sure, I can restore your 2x2 world from yesterday's backup. Would you like me to do so now?
Moonrise Azalee

yes please :)
Ilan Tochner wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:42 pm
Sure, I can restore your 2x2 world from yesterday's backup. Would you like me to do so now?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Done, as per your request. Please let me know if you want me to restore an earlier daily backup.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post (total 2):
Moonrise AzaleeTess Juel