Transfer of content from SL to Kitely - how?

Ask questions about creating worlds, using worlds, etc.
Philip Solo
Has thanked: 0

Transfer of content from SL to Kitely - how?

Post by Philip Solo »

I am a Lifetime Member in Second Life since 2003. I have historic heritage content in Second Life dating back to 2003 which spans significant amounts of land across 4 (SL mainland) sims in SL's winter snow regions. I have spent tens of thousands of $ on land fees and tier payments, having paid for multiple sim tier every month for 10 years but lack control because my builds are on mainland regions not private islands.

The content is highly detailed with a demanding topography landscape in mountainous regions and I have spent much of the last 10 years creating, extending and adapting it with terraforming, landscaping and building as well as my online store with thousands of items for sale.

1. What content am I able to transfer to Kitely and how? (prims, textures, complex linked builds, particle effects etc)
2. Am I able to copy the topography (files) of the sims themselves exactly as the land is shaped in SL? If so, how?...

All advice appreciated.. I would value assistance to help me re-create as much of this content (as near as possible to the original) in Kitely for significantly lower fees.

contact me here or philipsolo@hotmail.com
These users thanked the author Philip Solo for the post (total 3):
Amiryu HosoiIlan TochnerCecil Gudkov
Amiryu Hosoi

Re: Transfer of content from SL to Kitely - how?

Post by Amiryu Hosoi »

hey Philip, good to see you here, please come, come , come and take your contant inside;-) I also started to import to Kitely, We need good scenery and content. I use Second Inventory but there are other tools aswell. What I do, but I am a nitwit, is reviewing all content and update it where I used third party scripts and stuff with my own and export to Kitely. At the same point I am updating my listings on SL marketplace aswel as on Kitely's marketplace.

Clothes will give you some trouble but as long as you have all source files it wont be a problem. Btw, its good to review your stuff to get rid of flaws that you though were not a problem back when you created the items. Its a good point to ditch 'old' not so good stuff aswell;-)

Good to see you here and I hope we will meet!

Ami
Now delivering to hypergrid http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2570982
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

Are you able to use the Estate tools to save mainland region terrains as RAW files? If so, you can upload the RAW files to Kitely (and OpenSim more generally) just as you would in SL.
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

There's a program called Second Inventory http://www.secondinventory.com/. That can help you transfer a lot of your SL Inventory (as long as you are the creator). It isn't fool proof and doesn't transfer everything, but it is a good start.

Oops - I see Ami, already mentioned it. Oh well. The link is above. :oops:
Constance Peregrine

Post by Constance Peregrine »

"2. Am I able to copy the topography (files) of the sims themselves exactly as the land is shaped in SL? If so, how?..."

As Dot already mentioned, but, also, as far as I know you can use your Estate tools/terrain tab to download the RAW file [topography/height/depth terrain of the entire region] to your own computer to upload to Kitely [or any other grid].

This assumes SL has not restricted that in some regard and I have not worked there in some time so you can figure that out I am sure.

"If" you find you do not have that option with the official viewer [more than likely to be an issue if there is one at all] then get a simple viewer like Imprudence and use it to do the deed.

eta: You will have to be the primary estate owner or a designated estate manager to do this, or ask those folx to do it for you.

eta grrr: not owner, but renter...nobody actually owns virtual land in SL [or here for that matter] other than the owners of the grids.
Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!
My little sounds store https://www.kitely.com/market?store=2040306

Ephemeral wanderer...
Sarge Misfit

Post by Sarge Misfit »

I use Angstrom for single object exporting. It will retain the contents of each prim in the linkset.

You can only export things that are yours AND fully permed. Found that one out when I forgot to set one of my personal scripts to no trans. Use Angstrom v1.*. There's a bug with v2. http://digigrids.free.fr/wiki/index.php ... s/Angstrom
These users thanked the author Sarge Misfit for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Living life on the wrong side of a one-track mind.

National Security Threat Level: Gnat

My site: Excelsior Station
My Kitely World: Misfit's Folly
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Detailed instructions can also be found here: http://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2013/1 ... to-kitely/