Mac Mavericks OS X - Firestorm voice not working

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Ramesh Ramloll

Mac Mavericks OS X - Firestorm voice not working

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Hello,
I have a friend who is trying to use the recommended Firestorm version by kitely on Mac Mavericks OS X. And voice just does not work. He mentioned that things were working with Mac OS X Mountain Lion but stopped working once he upgraded to 'Mavericks'. Does anybody know if there is a version of Firestorm that works on Mavericks OS X or can anyone recommend a viewer that does have full voice functionality on that platform?
ah Apple :(
Ramesh
p.s. let me know if anyone is accessing kitely through Firestorm on Mac Mavericks OS X and using voice as well.
onyxty delta

Re: Mac Mavericks OS X - Firestorm voice not working

Post by onyxty delta »

Ramesh Ramloll wrote:Hello,
I have a friend who is trying to use the recommended Firestorm version by kitely on Mac Mavericks OS X. And voice just does not work. He mentioned that things were working with Mac OS X Mountain Lion but stopped working once he upgraded to 'Mavericks'. Does anybody know if there is a version of Firestorm that works on Mavericks OS X or can anyone recommend a viewer that does have full voice functionality on that platform?
ah Apple :(
Ramesh
p.s. let me know if anyone is accessing kitely through Firestorm on Mac Mavericks OS X and using voice as well.
I've switched over to using Singularity. I was experiencing too many issues with Firestorm on Mavericks OS X. Voice works fine for me in Singularity. Another gotcha on Mavericks OS X is Flash (unless this was recently addressed). You can't be on the latest version of Flash and have it work in your viewer. I have to run a slightly older version for the time being. The only frustrating part about that is Adobe reminding me - frequently - that I "need" to upgrade.
These users thanked the author onyxty delta for the post:
Ramesh Ramloll
Ramesh Ramloll

Re: Mac Mavericks OS X - Firestorm voice not working

Post by Ramesh Ramloll »

Thanks Doc! This helps.