Default world for logins?

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Lawrence Pierce

Default world for logins?

Post by Lawrence Pierce »

First I enter a world. Then I leave it by closing the viewer. I then immediately open the viewer again and login; I'm transported to a Kitely transfer station while another world is opened. Finally, after I enter the second world, I can teleport to the first world. The teleport is instantaneous because the first world is still running. Why didn't the viewer take me back into the first world that was still running at the moment when I relaunched the viewer? The second world (in my example) has the distinction of being the first world in my list of worlds, is that it? Is the first world on the list of our worlds the default world to open whenever the viewer is started, regardless of whatever other world of ours is already running?
These users thanked the author Lawrence Pierce for the post:
Marstol Nitely
Selby Evans

Re: Default world for logins?

Post by Selby Evans »

When I open my Firestorm viewer, there is a "Start at" entry bar at the bottom , right between the password and the "Log into grid" bar. It has a drop down menu that will show my favorite destinations if I click it. It usually displays my last location as the default, and if I leave that selection, I go to the place that I left on exit.

That option is set in Preferences-General tab-- start location-- check show on login. You can also set kitely welcome center as your home; that is always running. Thus you can have KWC as one of your optional login destinations if you want go to a place that is already running.

For more information about starting in Kitely with Firestorm, see here:

http://virtualoutworlding.blogspot.com/ ... ng-on.html
Deuce Halsey

Post by Deuce Halsey »

Also note that if you click on the "Enter World" button on the world page for any Kitely world while not actually logged into Kitely, that request will override whatever you have set in the "Start at" field of your viewer when you next logon. I leave my "Start at" field in my viewer set to "Last Location", so I always go back to the previous Kitely world I was in unless I've clicked "Enter World" on a Kitely world page since my last login.
Deuce Halsey
Just4yucks in Kitely Marketplace
http://www.kitely.com/market?store=2704782
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Hi Lawrence! How funny to see a recent post from you. I was just thinking about Serenity and how your and Karima Hoisan's worlds were some of Kitely's early works of art. I also remembered your 100,000 prim test world and wondered if people still visit. Serenity was one of the first Kitely worlds I saw and wrote about. I was absolutely astounded, impressed and intimidated. Good to see ya back in the neighborhood!
Lawrence Pierce

Post by Lawrence Pierce »

Thank you all for your suggestions. What I didn't realize is that if the Firestorm viewer has the Start at: parameter set to "Home", it launches whatever Kitely world of mine I've designated as "home" (which is done from within whatever world that is). I just assumed that if a world was already running, immediate relaunch of Firestorm would take me back there, regardless of that setting. I had worked exclusively in my "home" world so much where immediate relaunches of Firestorm always took me there, I'd not considered this.