Problem with Logging in

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Ilan Tochner

Re: Problem with Logging in

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sheera,

Yes, it's greyed out because you are using a system that can't use the Kitely Plugin so this feature is disabled and can't be enabled on that computer.
Sheera Khan

Post by Sheera Khan »

Ty for your answer. I guess it's best to simply wait until the changes are done and then try again.

Have a lot of fun ;-)

Sheera
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sheera,

Have you manually configured your grid password in the Settings page?
Sheera Khan

Post by Sheera Khan »

Hi Ilan,

yes, sure I did ;-) But my main problem is prior to logging in: the Linux box doesn't get a connection to the login server. I'm tempted to have a look at that using a network protocol analyzer ;-)

And to support my point above: a MS Windows box did login successfully but got a region not found message: "Unknown destination...". To me it looks like the login server refuses to talk to an "invalid OS" (^^) - but that's not verified yet and is highly speculative.

I think it's best to wait until I can choose my destination in the viewer as I'm in no hurry now :-)

Have fun

Sheera
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sheera,

Trying to login to an inactive world via the viewer should give you a message indicating that you need to press the Enter World button first. Did you see such a message?

(Once we roll out the next build, which should be in the next few days, you'll be logged into a transfer station if your desired world is currently offline and needs to be started. To learn more about transfer stations see: http://www.kitely.com/virtual-world-new ... -stations/).

We have users logging in using Ubuntu. Did you set up your firewall to allow access to the Kitely grid? (see: http://www.kitely.com/faq?id=how-do-I-c ... -to-kitely)
Sheera Khan

Post by Sheera Khan »

Hi Ilan,

I didn't get an "Enter World" message on my windows box - just a "Unknown destination...". But that might be ok because I didn't install the plugin. No worries here.

On my main system - the Linux-box - I don't get ANY data from Kitely via the viewer! I just confirmed that using a network analyzer. I can login successfully into other grids though. Thus I don't think it might be a firewall issue but I checked nevertheless: iptables shows no blocked ports:

Code: Select all

schleppi:~ # iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
target     prot opt source               destination         

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
And the DSL router shouldn't be the culprit either as the windows system can - at least partially - connect through the same path.

I'll simply wait till the transfer stations are available and then maybe get me a reasonable Windows-box for the initial steps. If I've got a working system I can compare that to the Linux system and see what is different.

Thank you so much for your efforts :-)

Sheera
Sheera Khan

Re: Problem with Logging in (resolved ?)

Post by Sheera Khan »

I did a testrun using the Kokua-viewer, since maybe the Firestorm uses cached infos from previous tests. I entered the login URI of Kitely and now I got the "Enter World" message telling me I've got to wait until the transfer stations are up and running :-) Seems like some glitch happened in the firestorm installation.

Thank you again for your valuable time and patience - Ciaoooo

Sheera
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Sheera,

Please try pressing the Enter World button on some world from the Public Worlds page then, once it tells you you can start your viewer, manually log in via the viewer.
Sheera Khan

Re: Problem with Logging in (Resolved :-)

Post by Sheera Khan »

Hi Ilan,

a fresh install and purging the cache and settings of Firestorm did the trick. Thank you for your patience Now I can start exploring :-)

Have fun :-)

Sheera
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you Sheera, I'm happy to hear the problems you encountered have been resolved.