Windlight/lightshare Server side

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
mat mahogany

Windlight/lightshare Server side

Post by mat mahogany »

Hi all,

I have just learnt of the Firestorm/Kitely serverside windlight/lightshare settings. Wow, exitement and a bit not sure?

Let me explain my ignorance. I used to use the lighshare panel in OSGrid, so I was pleased to learn that it's all done serverside now, Great. So now I can learn all over again how to use it.

But what if you want to keep a setting in FS that you already have in Lshare? Hmm

My question exactly.

Can you imports or convert the settings you already made in the Lshare panel and bring them into the Firestorm viewer?

Hope theres a way. Please!!

Mat Mahogany
Graham Mills

Re: Windlight/lightshare Server side

Post by Graham Mills »

I just noticed Inara Pey's review of Kokua, most notably that it supports materials, LightShare and even pathfinding after a fashion. Curious as to whether Mat made any progress and which of the above might be worth exploring in Kitely.
Graham Mills

Post by Graham Mills »

Graham Mills wrote:I just noticed Inara Pey's review of Kokua, most notably that it supports materials, LightShare and even pathfinding after a fashion. Curious as to whether Mat made any progress and which of the above might be worth exploring in Kitely.
I am pleased to confirm that the region owner can use Kokua 3.6.1 to get and set LightShare settings using (in the latter case) http://opensimulator.org/wiki/LsSetWindlightScene -- it is, however, necessary to enable LightShare under Preferences|Grids.
Last edited by Graham Mills on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Graham Mills for the post:
Constance Peregrine
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Graham,

Materials support in OpenSim is still experimental in OpenSim 0.7.6 and doesn't exist in the version of OpenSim we're currently running. We're hoping a stable version will be included in the final OpenSim 0.7.6 so we'll be able to enable it once OpenSim 0.7.6 is released and we migrate Kitely to use it.
aiza saeer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by aiza saeer »

I used to be able to use Firestorm and a couple of other viewers, but all of their new downloads require me to update my mac, which I hope to do soon. Until then though, it looks like I will only be able to use Imprudence. It has worked well for me until the last couple of days.
aiza
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Aiza,

The problem with Imprudence is that it doesn't support mesh and the use of mesh is becoming quite popular in Kitely worlds.
Dot Matrix

Post by Dot Matrix »

aiza, what sort of Mac are you using? I'm using a MacBook Pro, over a couple of years old now, but it is still able to run the latest version of Firestorm.

Perhaps the Mac users already on Kitely might be able to help (though we should probably start a different thread).

=======
Edit: Here's the new thread: Kitely and Macs