Seems to be a problem with Firestorm

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Marstol Nitely

Seems to be a problem with Firestorm

Post by Marstol Nitely »

I don't know where to go from here?

When I logged into Marcat earlier tonight, a good part of my region's terrain was white. I decided to log off and try again later. When I went back in it was still white. Checked my REGION/ESTATE settings and 1 (Low) and 3 Terrain Textures were blank. Checked other viewers (Imprudence and Cool VR Viewer) and all 4 terrain textures were visible in both viewers. Went back to the Firestorm viewer, checked to see if the textures were in inventory and they were.

Went to Region. One of the textures 1 (Low) was missing there. It is the same texture I used on Marcat. Was able to add the texture back in on Region.

Tried to add them back in on Marcat, but it isn't working.
Ilan Tochner

Re: Seems to be a problem with Firestorm

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Marstol,

First, please make sure to only add textures from your inventory and not from your local drive. The problems you reported could be the result of you using textures from your local drive in Imprudence but never actually uploading them to Kitely.

If that doesn't work, please try exiting the world, clearing your viewer cache then reentering the world.

Do you continue to encounter problems after doing this?
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Selby Evans
Marstol Nitely

Post by Marstol Nitely »

Ilan Tochner wrote:If that doesn't work, please try exiting the world, clearing your viewer cache then reentering the world.
That did the trick thanks! And thank you for the tip about using textures directly from the hard drive. :D
faari gia
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by faari gia »

Thanks to you both for your replies. I downloaded Phoenix_Firestorm-Release_4_4_2_34167OS.dmg for Mac. However, when opening the dmg I get a text file that's to be pulled into applications, not an app. I'm totally confused. The dmg was 91.8MB so it's obviously more than a text file. I read the text file, but it gave no indication of how to proceed further.

If you can help again, it would be appreciated.
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi faari,

Did you use Safari to download Firestorm? If so, did it decompress the DMG itself (there is a setting to disable it from doing so).