Coordinates limited to 256

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
saboor noor
Has thanked: 0

Coordinates limited to 256

Post by saboor noor »

Another question from building in an advanced megaregion (2x2 in this case): I'm trying to use build-maths to type in numbers to shift a wrongly placed object from one region to the corresponding spot in another -- so changing the x value from 42 to 42+256, say. What happens is that the object simply moves to x = 256, not beyond to x = 298. Is this expected behaviour? (This is in Imprudence.)
These users thanked the author saboor noor for the post:
Shandon Loring
saboor
Graham Mills

Re: Complexity and physics

Post by Graham Mills »

No relevant experience but I would suggest trying Firestorm or Singularity as Imprudence is showing its age these days (great though it was in its time).
saboor noor wrote:Another question from building in an advanced megaregion (2x2 in this case): I'm trying to use build-maths to type in numbers to shift a wrongly placed object from one region to the corresponding spot in another -- so changing the x value from 42 to 42+256, say. What happens is that the object simply moves to x = 256, not beyond to x = 298. Is this expected behaviour? (This is in Imprudence.)
Shandon Loring

Re: Complexity and physics

Post by Shandon Loring »

me too saboor! using FS
often if i change one coordinate at a time it is okay, but if i cut n paste in all three at once, the max any one will go to is 256... sometimes Ctrl-Z may be able to bring it back, more often the object is just gone where it don't belong.
Dot Matrix

Re: Coordinates limited to 256

Post by Dot Matrix »

I've also experienced this sort of behaviour in Firestorm, not just on Kitely but on SoaS instances as well.

It's another of those OpenSim quirks where viewers need to work beyond SL limitations.
These users thanked the author Dot Matrix for the post:
Shandon Loring