build tool: move (ctrl + 2) not working

Ask questions about using viewers to enter worlds, and problems with viewers
Alexander Parrish
Has thanked: 0

build tool: move (ctrl + 2) not working

Post by Alexander Parrish »

In the viewer build tool window or the short cut is ctrl + 2 there is an option to mover objects by click dragging is not working for me in kitely with the firestorm viewer. I use the same viewer in SL and it works there. I don't know if this is a bug or not with Kitely/opensim or a firestorm issue. just trying to figure out if/who to report this to, or may be I'm just missing something in a setting some where to turn this on?

I've tested with unscripted objects as scripts with touch events will block this.
Ilan Tochner

Re: build tool: move (ctrl + 2) not working

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Hi Alexander,

Viewer keyboard shortcuts are completely viewer-dependant. I suggest you check with a different viewer version to see if the issue might be with the particular version you were testing with.
These users thanked the author Ilan Tochner for the post:
Carlos Loff
Alexander Parrish

Thanks Ilan, I filed a jira with firestorm.

Don't know if it affecting older version as I haven't used that feature in a long time. If is interested, found on Firestorm 4.7.1 (45325) Apr 30 2015 19:22:46 (Firestorm-Betax64) with OpenSimulator
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Thank you for the update Alexander.
Alexander Parrish

Firestorm me got back to me on this and needs more information I don't have time right now to down load multiple viewers to check in to this was wondering if some one still using an older version of firestorm, and or an other tpv could test this too. I all so don't know if this was an existing problem as I had not used that feature yet in Kitely. Here's what they are looking for.
http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/SUP-15397

Is this problem new for you on the 4.7.1 beta?
Can you confirm if the same problem happens on the 4.6.9 release on Kitely?

Do these functions work on Kitely on any other viewer at the moment?
I'm not familiar with Kitely but I guess I can make an account to come and test this if needed.

Are others using 4.7.1 on Kitely able to reproduce the same problem?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

I'm sorry I've never tried that shortcut option before so I can't really say. When I tried it now with Firestorm 4.6.5 it selects the Move option but the item is unselected so there is nothing to actually move.
Alexander Parrish

Ilan thanks for test that. The move tool doesn't need to have an object selected (I'm just finding this out my self too,) it just changes the cursor to a hand, then you can click drag objects, just want to confirm that you tested moving the object even tho it did not appear to be selected. It all so fails if the object has a scripted touch event.

It's not some thing I've used a lot ether, but I'm starting to find it use full for moving scripted land editing tools, and all so a quick way to test collisions as long as one of the objects is physical. Haven't tried it yet with a non physical object with volume detect set to TRUE I suspect that might work too.
Alexander Parrish

Ilan, I just tested the move tool the singularity viewer It's all so not working on that viewer, This open up the possibility it's not a viewer issue? Any suggestion on how to test if it's viewer vs server side. I'm looking for a way to test if it's a kitely or general opensim issue, I've never used the hypergrid yet. Is it possible to build when visiting an other grid if they have public sand box?
Ilan Tochner

Post by Ilan Tochner »

Both these viewers derive from the same SL viewer code base so, for the most part, they should behave the same way. Kitely uses the standard OpenSim release with augmentations and improvements of our own. None of which touch anything that can effect the viewer building tools so if there is a difference it would be due to the OpenSim version we use. If you find such a difference then please let us know the exact OpenSim grid and region where this worked for you.

As for your question, you should be able to teleport with your Kitely avatar to Metropolis and build in their sandbox.
Alexander Parrish

HI Ilan,

Whirly Fizzle from firestorm found this looks like it's a very recent opensim patch dated 2015-05-15

http://opensimulator.org/mantis/view.php?id=7530